S4 Grounding harness

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

12tinker

Reaction score
Hi All,

Reposting this in another forum title. Original in "Technical Discussions" which for some reason is not viewed by those not logged in.

Can anyone I.D. the attached harness with the white tape? Is this Yamaha's remedy for the S4 grounding connector issues?

many thanks!

https://goo.gl/photos/RyCPUvkMiNXpXGuQ6

thought so!

Can someone I.D. the ground connector number to the right?

looks like these non-waterproof connectors get blasted from road moisture from the space above the radiator. Does Gen III have the same vulnerabilities?

did lots of reading on these and never saw the repair harness photo, so thought I'd post one

...Does Gen III have the same vulnerabilities?...
Yes and no. I don't think those connectors are used in the ground wiring, certainly not in the daisy-chained manner of the Gen 2. However, they are used in abundance throughout the wiring for many junctions. I showed a few in this post.

I can also verify by your picture that you have the Yamaha recall ignition switch. The red and white wire paired together off the same connector pin is the dead giveaway. The original switch only had a red wire off that pin.

Brodie

🙂

Latest posts