SE Ohio Ramble - 2-4 May 2014

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No. It's been weird for quite a while now.
wink.png
That's what a winter like we've had will do to ya...supposed to get more snow starting tonight through tomorrow...now THAT'S weird.
That is effed up! Going to be a little chilly riding up that way tomorrow. The rest of the week looks OK though. Packed last night.

Joe and I will let the rest of you goofs know how the flat, straight, boring roads are doing by the weekend.
punk.gif

Calling for 1-3 inches of snow here today...WTF?
It better be gone by tomorrow!

Another 2" of the white shit last night. Hard to believe the Ramble is just 2 weeks away.

Snow and 12 degrees tonight up on the Mt. When the mud freezes I can get the bike out of the shed.

If I remember correctly Dastardly Dave was the first guy eliminated in the "Parking Lot Slow Ride" contest last year.
By the way I still have the "Two Up Trophies" from last years event which was cut short by the LEO's.

Anybody up for another event?
Ray - Maybe we could adjust the event some, seeings how the hotel staff was less than enthusiastic about the high rpm turn arounds conducted during the slow race.

I have this little gem ready to go for Bustanut's techday, but I might be able to figure out a transport method for the trip to Marietta if there enough interest. How about a timed cone weave race on the clown bike? If we had two of these things, we could a real race...

Any takers?

2014-03-05215546_zps394f0540.jpg
Just get it to Nick before the ramble. He's throwing his bike in the trailer with us and we have enough room to accommodate your gem.

Is there a weight limit on that thing?

I might be able to make this. At least I hope so. I may be doing a dual sport that weekend but if not I'll try to make this...

If I remember correctly Dastardly Dave was the first guy eliminated in the "Parking Lot Slow Ride" contest last year.
By the way I still have the "Two Up Trophies" from last years event which was cut short by the LEO's.

Ray - Maybe we could adjust the event some, seeings how the hotel staff was less than enthusiastic about the high rpm turn arounds conducted during the slow race.

I have this little gem ready to go for Bustanut's techday, but I might be able to figure out a transport method for the trip to Marietta if there enough interest. How about a timed cone weave race on the clown bike? If we had two of these things, we could a real race...

Any takers?

2014-03-05215546_zps394f0540.jpg
Just get it to Nick before the ramble. He's throwing his bike in the trailer with us and we have enough room to accommodate your gem.

You're worried about a weight limit? You won't be able to sit on that without your knees being above your head and your knuckles dragging on the ground.....

300 lbs. I may take you guys up on that trailer offer, have to do a test this week on whether or not I can travel with it on the back seat

Designflaw, don't let Naskie discourage you - this thing rides like a goldwing - full suspension front and rear, handles like a dream - even has a RDL saddle... I'll hold your beer while you take it around the parking lot...

You're worried about a weight limit? You won't be able to sit on that without your knees being above your head and your knuckles dragging on the ground.....

Just a suggestion - bring a chair if you have room.

Last year, I remember that there was not really anywhere to sit out side - so I think I'm going to pack my camp chair - good vantage point to observe the shopping cart and monkey bike runs from...

Good thought about a chair, Wayne.

& I'm guessing that it isn't important that I didn't make either of the maps that you've posted. If it's not important, I am not worried about it.

& I'm guessing that it isn't important that I didn't make either of the maps that you've posted. If it's not important, I am not worried about it.
Did you go into the Ramble Website and register with your contact info? I think that's just an automated map from that list...

Heidi, It's very important. How are they going to know which direction to point you in after it's all over if they don't have you on the map?

Last edited by a moderator:
Heidi - In order to show up on that map, you need to register on the Eventbright site; you will find it on the Ramble website. That map is create by using a Google fusion table, which takes the city and state from the registration table and puts a dot there. If you haven't registered, you won't show up.... That fusion table is also what I'm using to post the attendee list.

Last edited by a moderator: