SFO 2014 - May 29th thru June 1st at The Hub

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just spoke with Debbie at The Hub. She just wanted to confirm our dates for SFO. If you have already made reservations you might want to give her a call back just make certain your reservations were made for the correct weekend, May 29th thru June 1st.

Thanks!

I have to confirm a couple things then I can commit to this event and make hotel reservations.

Motomarathon, eh?

Interesting. No old routes are posted. They qualify their events for "twisty roads". Probably to avoid bumping heads with longer-established organizations. It would be interesting to see some past examples.

Seems like they are trying to target a different audience than the pirate platoons. Maybe those on the road that are encountered are those with more miles under their belts than the stereotypical bar hopper.

Last edited by a moderator:
Found this article on their website that details a CA Motomarathon in 2011. It says 260-350 miles/day. This one says 400 miles max/day. Interesting concept. At least now I'll know what's going on if I pass guys on the side of the road taking pics of their dog tags.

Booked my room with Deb today. If anybodys on the fence about going, book em anyway. You can cancel if you find out for sure you can't make it later on.

GP

It's tIme to ramp it up guys. Debbie has us 15 rooms reserved.

I'm looking forward to riding up to Eureka Springs and meeting up with some of the Motomarathon guys. That sounds like a very interesting organization.

As GPRIDER said, go ahead and book your room even if you are on the fence. You can cancel up to a week or so before it turns out you just can't make it. But if that's the case, well, I guess you'll just miss out on the fun.

BTW - where the hell are the Texans? and Sevens??? Haven't heard a peep from those dudes. Any of the Florida gang coming this year? Saltcreep from lower AL was coming last year bust cancelled at the last minute due to weather. What about this year? I've been told the Farmer's Almanac says this year is going to be the best weather we've ever had for SFO. So let's go. Get your rooms booked and post up on here to let everyone know you are coming!

Considered this but did not realize it's the same days as the Appalachian weekend. Going to that instead but still plan to do NAFO and EOM.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, just noticed SWFOG is the same weekend as our SFO also. Oh well. We are doing the best we can. May lose a few to other meets going on. Don't know whats going on with the other Texans. I know Petey is signed up for SFO. Also Bwanadik and Bambi. They used to come to SFO and now prefer SWFOG for some reason. According to Sevens0n, he hasn't been active on the forum since September.

GP

Okay, I am in. Just made my reservations with Debbie at the Hub. Checked with the owners of my workplace and we have no conflicts, so I am ready to go. Great roads, great folks and a venue that caters to motorcycle gatherings. What could be better?

Correction. Petey is signed up for SWFOG.
I ride in AR a lot (and love it) so I chose SW-FOG...have fun and hope the sun will shine this time..
punk.gif

grin.gif
Yeah, I forgot how close you are to Arkansas Petey. You also have a little more extra time on your hands. I went to SWFOG a few years ago and liked it. Don't blame you for wanting to go somewhere else. Is Nosecone going to either of these meets? When I talked to him last year, things were not so good with his wife. Hope they are ok.

GP

grin.gif
Yeah, I forgot how close you are to Arkansas Petey. You also have a little more extra time on your hands. I went to SWFOG a few years ago and liked it. Don't blame you for wanting to go somewhere else. Is Nosecone going to either of these meets? When I talked to him last year, things were not so good with his wife. Hope they are ok.
GP
GP, yes John wasn't comfortable leaving her alone for too long. Yes I too hope all is well...

the way this winter is going I think I can safely promise you guys that most, if not all, of the snow will be mostly gone by the time you get up here to the Rally.

But local conditions can vary so check the weather. Especially since we had an inch of snow on May 2nd last year!!

BTW - sunny and 75 today with low humidity. I hear an FJR calling me from the garage! Most likely an early end to the work day today.

Hmmm.... Snow in May. Well lets hope not. My FJR calls me all the time from my garage. I'm ready for a trip.

GP

I'm planning on being there, just have to finalize vacation time (and call Debbie). Wouldn't miss SFO!! Mostly to get free pool lessons from the experts.... The riding is pretty good to.
grin.gif

Thanks Turk for setting things into motion this year. Looking forward to seeing all you guys in May...

Brian from Westcounsin

Awesome! We were beginning to wonder sevens - but s'pose we shouldn't have doubted you my friend!

Now where the hell is Old Pilot?? and did Texas secede from SFO or what?

I'm in recovery mode, just had another damn cervical fusion a four weeks ago. Now I won't be able to do anything but twist the throttle wide open because I can't turn to look over my shoulders to see what's behind me.
bike.gif
plus, my Yammie dealer f'ed up and put a Pilot Power on at the last tire change instead so the PR3. I may only get a couple thousand out of it but it's gonna be a fun 2K - that baby is sticky as superglue - so bring it boys!
punk.gif

By my completely unofficial count we're up to about 10 - surely there will be more than that when all is said and done, but it's shaping up to be like our quaint little Russelville event from 2011.
rolleyes.gif

Well Brian, it's good to see you are still alive. Turk and I were starting to get worried. I emailed Old Pilot the other day and he is not sure if he is going to make it this year. Hope he does though.

GP