SFO 2017 - Official Thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to say... I'm out for this year. We've got a situation that's going to keep me close to home for a while.

I'll miss you guys. Everyone be safe and have fun. Hopefully, the 'Bandits' will offer the same hospitality next year.

PS: Mr Turk, thanks for your thoughts - you're a good guy!

Weather is looking pretty good. Looks like I might be an early arriver with Bobby and Randal if you need some extra help setting up. I do want to go to Barber on Wed. or Thursday though.

GP

I am planning on spending Saturday at Barber. There is a premium tour package that visits the restoration area among other things that is given only on Friday and Saturday at 10:30. See you this weekend. I am also no longer camping. I will be consuming some hotel reward points.

You and me both - and I just got here!
rolleyes.gif

BTW - Kaismo has volunteered to be a designated driver for the Tipsey Taxi again this year. We could use one or two more volunteers. If anyone that is staying at the hotel is interested in volunteering for the Tipsey Taxi service just shoot me a PM. You must be sober to win. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Packing this evening - leaving early tomorrow (supposed to be 34 deg. here at 8 am) with BMWDave and Reborn Rider.

Looking forward to this - see ya all Thursday !

-Glen

packing the bags and the bike. just might be a little chilly on the first part of the ride tomorrow!

gonna do a little sightseeing on the way south... and I'll be pulling into the rally campsite Thursday evening. Looking forward to this shindig! Forecast is showing it to be a little cooler than what I remember from last year.... lol.

packing the bags and the bike. just might be a little chilly on the first part of the ride tomorrow!
gonna do a little sightseeing on the way south... and I'll be pulling into the rally campsite Thursday evening. Looking forward to this shindig! Forecast is showing it to be a little cooler than what I remember from last year.... lol.
Looks like rain for sure on Saturday now. Campers be aware!

Looks like rain for sure on Saturday now. Campers be aware!
This is why I pushed my visit to Barber to Saturday.

And now I must bow out. Due to an issue with my rental and winter weather forecasted near home Sunday, I will try this event next year!

Two cool fall like days vin a row in Louisiana? Hard To believe, Festar and I inching closer, in Columbia Mississippi tonight, Jenison or Clanton early afternoon!

Left yesterday from Fort Worth and rode to Nacogdoches for a night at my brothers. Mr. Pants kindly provided an awesome route of riding as I meandered my way through Louisiana and made Vicksburg for the evening. Got a date with Nate, err ride tomorrow so see everyone at SFO real soon.

Just finished packing the last few odds and ends bikes ready to go. Getting up dark and early to meet up with Kaismo for the rest of the ride in... talked to Turk earlier and sounds like everything is falling into place at the compound. Just Heard from my friend Julie just now and sound like she made good progress today too!

Can't wait to see everyone and shoot the bull tomorrow night everyone ride safe!

Looks like the forecast is improving. Chilly but not as wet, maybe? Makes me look stoopid...

Be careful, me brethren and sisteren!