SFO GPS routes

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The longer route is pretty much the route we will be taking with Michelle on Friday, with a few exceptions. Just a couple miles past Lead Hill (14) we will take 125 north to the ferry, cross Bull Shoals into MO. then around and down into Mt Home and on down to 341 (Push). Lunch somwhere along the way. After Push some will take 14 at Harriett back north to Yellville pick up 62 west back to ES.The rest of okieriders route goes through some of the best twisties in Arkansas. This will only add another 40 +/- miles to the 337 posted route.

Should be a great ride!

Scott
Yep, that's pretty much the same as last years ferry route except the addition of Push Mtn.

Great ride.

Robert

PM me with email addresses and I'll send all that "free" stuff to you.

Which file format or both too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, how about a link about how to get back to eureka springs?........since it's been a year since ya been there.

A little slow on the uptake here. Somehow we thought the rallye was NEXT MONTH! Whoops!

Michelle, please send the files.

So close now, all excited! :yahoo:

Bwana & Bambi

Sent. 3 weeks from this weekend!!

I will also have a pillion this year and am fine with backing off Deerslayers pace just a little.Sounds like were are on the same wave length.

Mark

Have you heard from Bill? Is he going to make it?
Haven't heard a peep or seen him on here any. Hope all is good with them.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, total noob here with my Garmin 2730. Got the files via e-mail (thanks), loaded them onto the 'tube hard drive and was able to view them via the POS City Navigator. Figured out how to highlight each loop so they would turn to yellow. Also was able to copy and paste the .gdb file from my hard drive to the "E" drive Garmin folder via the USB link. All cool so far.

So how do I look at the routes in my 2730? Doesn't seem to know they are in there. But I can see it in Explorer on the Garmin "E" drive.

I even did a "2730 maps download site:fjrforum.com" search so as to not get dogpiled but none of the topics that came up had the answer.

I'm sure this is one of those "easy" things to do once you know how. Sort of like Chinese finger puzzles.

OK, total noob here with my Garmin 2730. Got the files via e-mail (thanks), loaded them onto the 'tube hard drive and was able to view them via the POS City Navigator. Figured out how to highlight each loop so they would turn to yellow. Also was able to copy and paste the .gdb file from my hard drive to the "E" drive Garmin folder via the USB link. All cool so far.
So how do I look at the routes in my 2730? Doesn't seem to know they are in there. But I can see it in Explorer on the Garmin "E" drive.

I even did a "2730 maps download site:fjrforum.com" search so as to not get dogpiled but none of the topics that came up had the answer.

I'm sure this is one of those "easy" things to do once you know how. Sort of like Chinese finger puzzles.
Sent PM with suggestions. I'll try to help you that way first. If that works I'll put up instructions under the Technical Discussions or some other place

Is anyone making a mapfile that we can preload with all the routes? Thinking something like Jeff Ashe did for EOM last year? That would be most excellent!

OK, another noob question here. Isn't the file Michelle sent out the same as a mapfile? I finally figured out how to load the file Michelle sent (with a little help from TC) and all the routes posted at the beginning of this thread came up nicely and individually under "routes". Or does it depend on what kind of GPS you have?

OK, another noob question here. Isn't the file Michelle sent out the same as a mapfile? I finally figured out how to load the file Michelle sent (with a little help from TC) and all the routes posted at the beginning of this thread came up nicely and individually under "routes". Or does it depend on what kind of GPS you have?
Should be. I'll try to combine all of the routes (I don't know if FJRChik's includes alllll of the routes posted here) tonight and get them somewhere that anyone can download from.

Latest posts