• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Skyway's 2006 & 2007 FJR Delrin Slider Kit

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

skyway

Reaction score
Same design and shape as the aluminum set I offer except the material is now delrin.

Images taken by betndeuces.

left_slider_from_behind.jpg

right_slider_from_behind.jpg

Price delivered to the lower 48 $85.00 ($88.00 via PayPal to ianl <AT> pacbell.net)

For the forum members in Australia, you can also order this delrin kit for your bike. Price delivered is $105 USD.

If you prefer, snail mail a check payable to Ian Laing and mail it to:

Ian Laing - 06-07 Delrin Slider Kit

16928 B Crestview Drive

Sonora, CA 95370

Important note for those who wish to trade back your aluminum set already purchased from me.

I will gladly send you replacements, provided I receive the aluminum set back from you in the same pristine condition in which you received them, which also means they should be carefully and separately packaged to keep them that way. No exceptions.

Once I get them back, you will receive the delrin replacements in the mail. Be sure to include your name and current address, else I won't know where to ship them. If this information is not included with the aluminum sliders, I can assure you, you'll be waiting a very long time for the postman. :D

DO NOT ship the mounting hardware back to me, as you will need this to remount the delrin sliders.

Please ship them to the address listed above.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Ian

I'm sure there are most likely pro's and con's to either the aluminum or delrin materials..... and I'm sure there will be much debate on which is best ....... but I'm wondering, which do you have on your bike now you can choose between the two? :blink:

cheers - Bull (a happy aluminum slider rider)

Skyway, Thanks for your offer to swap out the aluminum sliders for delrin. If I sent them to you tomorrow priority mail, how long do you think it would take to get the delrin sliders back to me? I'm considering a 1100 mile ride out to CA for Christmas around 12/19. Thanks.

Same design and shape as the aluminum set I offer except the material is now delrin.
Installed pictures to follow, once I get some delivered to you guys.

Looky here for the shape and size

Price delivered to the lower 48 $85.00 ($88.00 via PayPal to [email protected])

Ian Laing - 2006 Delrin Slider Kit

16928 B Crestview Drive

Sonora, CA 95370[

What color are the delrin sliders?

Skyway, Thanks for your offer to swap out the aluminum sliders for delrin. If I sent them to you tomorrow priority mail, how long do you think it would take to get the delrin sliders back to me? I'm considering a 1100 mile ride out to CA for Christmas around 12/19. Thanks.
To be on the safe side, I would hold off for now due to the holidays, just in case they somehow get held up.

I don't think them cheesey little Delrin rubby-dubby-duck sliders can do this...

and Yes, I trailer my FJR when I'm going camping with truck/camper/trailer combo... :D

1.jpg

Skyway,

I would still like a set of the aluminum sliders... Do you still sell those or are you only selling the delrin ones now? If you are selling both styles now, are they the same price?

Thanks,

CaryB

Skyway,
I would still like a set of the aluminum sliders... Do you still sell those or are you only selling the delrin ones now? If you are selling both styles now, are they the same price?

Thanks,

CaryB
Yes and Yes. :D

To be on the safe side, I would hold off for now due to the holidays, just in case they somehow get held up.
OK, if I ride out there I'll wrap them in tape to keep them from getting dinged up on the 2k ride.

Skyway-

I searched the other slider post and dint see any reference to it...no options for those '03-'05 owners looking for a no cut slider? Those aluminum sliders are beautiful!

I don't think them cheesey little Delrin rubby-dubby-duck sliders can do this...
and Yes, I trailer my FJR when I'm going camping with truck/camper/trailer combo... :D

1.jpg
dcarver, are these the only attachment points for holding the bike up or is this only to hold the bike forward?

Happy New Year, everyone!

Now.... where are my delrins?????? :p

Installed pictures to follow, once I get some delivered to you guys.

Looky here for the shape and size

Price delivered to the lower 48 $85.00 ($88.00 via PayPal to [email protected])

Ian Laing - 2006 Delrin Slider Kit

16928 B Crestview Drive

Sonora, CA 95370

please send me a pay pal invoice so I can buy sliders

Thanks Larry

Important note for those who wish to trade back your aluminum set already purchased from me.

I will gladly send you replacements, provided I receive the aluminum set back from you in the same pristine condition in which you received them, which also means they should be carefully and separately packaged to keep them that way. No exceptions.

Once I get them back, you will receive the delrin replacements in the mail. Be sure to include your name and current address, else I won't know where to ship them. If this information is not included with the aluminum sliders, I can assure you, you'll be waiting a very long time for the postman. :D

DO NOT ship the mounting hardware back to me, as you will need this to remount the delrin sliders.

Please ship them to the address listed above.

Through December I have been inundated above and beyond the norn with end of year contracts requested by my regular clients.(the same people, who without, I could not make any FJR farkles possible) The delrin sliders are in the machine right now and I anticipate them to be packaged and shipped to everyone by Tuesday of next week.

Through December I have been inundated above and beyond the norn with end of year contracts requested by my regular clients.(the same people, who without, I could not make any FJR farkles possible) The delrin sliders are in the machine right now and I anticipate them to be packaged and shipped to everyone by Tuesday of next week.
Thanks for the update, Skyway.

I'll postpone my unplanned tipover until the week of the 15th.

<an appropriately placed smiley would be here, except my message editing is broken>

Skyway, one question on the aluminum ones, Im wondering if you can anodize them to a blue or black ?? if not, I have contacts here in NC that can handle that, but just askign as a matter of convenience... definitely like the alum ones over the delrins... but thats personal choice...

Im interested and if you PM me, I will paypal U as soon as you need funds... I know you are backlogged now, but Im patient.... As said before, I will be postponing any tipovers until sliders are installed....

Mosa

Status
Not open for further replies.