So I replaced my FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DELETE-PLEASE

Reaction score
Yup. Got rid of the FJR. I realized I was NOT sport touring. I was "touring". Never brought the bike above 4000 RPM except for when I was on the highway and cruising speed put me up there. So I started looking towards comfort.

Contrary to what I thought I was gonna get, I ended up getting a Victory Vision (Yup. A spaceship with two wheels) Leftover 09 vision tour premium for about 5 grand under MSRP. 3 year unlimited warranty. It's pretty cool. I like it. And my wife and I will enjoy our heated seats and radio as we ride year-round.

Any thoughts? Suggestions (other than give it back?) I'll still stay on this board (if you'll still have me with this bike). Thanks guys. Pics to come.

Alexi

Poor guy. Someday, not to long from now, the error of your ways will hit you like a lead hammer.

So enjoy it while you can. While you are still fooling yourself.

:)

Poor guy. Someday, not to long from now, the error of your ways will hit you like a lead hammer.

Didn't you just buy a really ugly overweight bike too ? :rolleyes:

LOL! Touche'!

Game Over.

Highlander just won the internet!

Alexi,

As far as your Victory goes; If you are happy, I'm happy.

I hope you have a lot of fun miles on it; Enjoy!

There are alot of sites dedicated to the Victory . . . just not this one, eh?

But hey, you can still lurk, and add a bit of wisdom for us newbies.

Enjoy your new ride. I've never met a motorcycle I didn't like.

Personnally I can't get past the looks (but that's all subjective and my problem); if you like it, GREAT, best wishes and good luck with your new ride.

What they said - different bike, different day, different age.

'Never met a bike I didn't like' - I like this statement!

Enjoy the big twin!

Enjoy the new bike... I'm still lurking here after selling my FJR a year ago.. since then a Can-Am Spyder, a Kawasaki Versys and now a Suzuki Bandit 1250S.. they are all fun just ride.. :D

The reason you sold your FJR is what has me wondering about mine... I've ALWAYS owned sport bikes... The closest I've come to riding anything civil is my old Kawasaki ZRX, which still ate up corners and kept pace with liter class sportbikes...

I'm "hoping" that my FJR and I will bond beyond the need for "more" corner speed and lean angle...

Enjoy the Victory! They're nice bikes!!

Mike

Don't feel lonely. I traded my FJR on a new BMW R1200R this summer. I still stop in to see what is going on. My friend bought a new Victory Cross Country this summer. He loves it!!

Good luck with the new bike.

If you park on the grass, don't forget a kickstand pad . . . . and leave enough clearance to adjacent machines, just in case! :lol:

DSC_6829.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
LOve the look of the Vision, I've got the feeling that I may have one soon. :rolleyes: Good luck with her.

I'd have one if I didn't look so much like Bozo myself. Just hate to see little kids cry when they realize the circus isn't coming to town after all. :clown2:

Didn't you just buy a really ugly overweight bike too ? :rolleyes:
HIGHLANDER, twas downright mean spirited; and it's the Christmas Season, too! Why did you have to put a lump of black coal in my poor illegitimate bastard Son Skooty's fireplace sock?

Very Happy Holidays, Alexi! Enjoy your new Victory Vision and put lots of fun miles on her. It never matters what you ride, just get out on the road and enjoy our favorite sport: Motorcycle Touring!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on the new bike! I hope you have many hours and even more miles of unevent-filled riding. I've never gotten past the looks of the Vision but had the opportunity to try one. Very comfortable, I'm sure you and the mrs. will enjoy it immensely.

Nothing wrong with your logic. If I were mainly sport riding I sure as hell wouldn't do it on a 600+ lb bike! I too thought the Vision was bizarre when it first came out. I've since grown to like the unique styling. Kudos to Victory for a ground up design that breaks the "cookie cutter" styling rules. Keep in mind though, this comes from someone who drives Saabs (yes, the ignition is still on the console) and whos favorite vintage cars are Studebakers :crazy:

Congrats on the new bike! I personally like the Vision! Have ever since they came out. Its one of the brands we sell at the dealer I work for. That pic of the tipped over Vision is a good demostration og the tip over protection that Polaris built into this bike. Have any of you ever had to pick up a Wing or Ultra? Those sonuvabitches are heavy as all get out! Especially if they are all the way over and resting on the bags! The Polaris rep that we deal with brought their demo model in when they first came out and he was going through all the new toys and shit that came on the bike. Next thing you know he goes, "How many of you guys have had to pick up a tipped over tourer?" Then BANG! he tips this fat bitch over! And then picks it up! Then this little gal we had working for us in the business office comes over and she picks it up as well! Pretty cool machine, looks a bit like the bike Captain Picard would ride between kicking Romulan ass, lots of cool standard features that aren't available at all on the HD competitor, and wonderful power! Ride hard man, and enjoy her!

I will ride any motorcycle...cuz anything is better than none...but I just have this wicked urge to play the

GRAND

PRIZE

GAME!!!!