SoCal Ride to Malibu & Santa Monica mountains

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a wedding to attend that evening but the ride is in my "backyard" - well it's as close as these things ever have been. I might be able to work this out.

ETA at start of first loop (topanga/las flores and PCH)?

ETA at Rock Store for pit stop?

MCML - ETA at start of first loop (topanga/las flores and PCH)? I'm going to SWAG about 11am. It's 65 miles from LB to Malibu. We'll be in traffic and twisties and city streets averaging maybe 35ish.

ETA at Rock Store for pit stop? Again SAWG at around noon.

Last edited by a moderator:
For those of you coming from San Diego there will be a group meet at rest area between Camp Pen and Ocean Side approximately 8 miles N of 78 if you want to join Neil and Slappy up to LA. We will be departing at 7am sharp.

For those of you coming from San Diego there will be a group meet at rest area between Camp Pen and Ocean Side approximately 8 miles N of 78 if you want to join Neil and Slappy up to LA. We will be departing at 7am sharp.
...and with that, you may count me as an official "yes".

Hi guys, I know I'm not coming, rub it in all you like.

I'm jealous, and following this thread with envy.

But I was wondering, is there a way to download these maps on Google or Yahoo to a Garmin?

Anyone know how? Just so I can virtually ride with you!!!

John

I'll be meeting up with amansker on the way up to the rest area in Pendleton, to meet up with Slappy. How about it FJstaR, meeting us at the rest stop? You can probably caravan up with Slappy. Last I heard he promised not to wear a kilt...

I'll be meeting up with amansker on the way up to the rest area in Pendleton, to meet up with Slappy. How about it FJstaR, meeting us at the rest stop? You can probably caravan up with Slappy. Last I heard he promised not to wear a kilt...
Yes I plan to meet at the rest stop at 7am and can meet with Slappy with or without the kilt in East county at ~6am for the caravan. Slappy?

No Kilt. Simon wont be able to control himself. My better half will not be coming along either. Its just to long for her on a stock seat with no backrest.

Hey guys have a great ride, wish I could join you on my FJR, but I'll be there riding my BMW. (hint hint) Be careful on the PCH portion of the ride in Malibu. During the summer there is increased enforcement so the Motorcops will be out in force. Be particularly careful in the 45mph sections of PCH and around PCH and Latigo Cyn. Have fun.

Hey guys have a great ride, wish I could join you on my FJR, but I'll be there riding my BMW. (hint hint) Be careful on the PCH portion of the ride in Malibu. During the summer there is increased enforcement so the Motorcops will be out in force. Be particularly careful in the 45mph sections of PCH and around PCH and Latigo Cyn. Have fun.

So does that mean you are joing us on your bimmer?

Good advice and thanks for the heads up. Why I always ride far behind the last guy in the pack... Let smokey get someone else... :ph34r:

So does that mean you are joing us on your bimmer?

Good advice and thanks for the heads up. Why I always ride far behind the last guy in the pack... Let smokey get someone else... :ph34r:
If I read between the lines correctly, I believe he will be working in the area on his bimmer...

MMarsh, if you see us, wave at us as we go by!