• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SOLD - 2004 FJR1300 ABS, one-owner, Northern Virginia

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leghorn

Reaction score
Due to recent purchase of another bike, I'm not finding the time to ride the FJR. Therefore, the FJR is up for sale. It has 31,200 miles and I'm asking $5,495, including all farkles and OEM parts.

[iMAGES TO FOLLOW, AS SOON AS I CAN FIGURE OUT A WORK AROUND FOR THE "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community" error message.]

FEATURES:

Race-Tech prepared forks (.90 kg springs). Serviced June 2012.

Wilbers Model 641 shock with remote preload (625) & ride height adjustment (629). High/Low-speed compression adjustment. 110 spring. Serviced/rebuilt June 2012.

Power Commander.

Heli Bar Adapters + Lenker Adapters (allow handlebar angle adjustments).

Speigler braided stainless steel brake lines throughout (8 lines) with a top bleeder.

Superbrace fork brace.

Pazzo levers.

Powerlet outlets front/rear.

Datel voltmeter.

Throttlemeister throttle lock.

Hyper-Lites brake lights.

Multiple windshields (stock, Yamaha tall, Rifle, Cal-Sci, Givi (shown in image).

Kontour & Sargent seats.

Givi E46 Top Trunk.

Yamaha OEM Tankbag with Powerlet power system.

FIAMM Blaster horns.

HISTORY:

Engine break-in was with dino oil, switching over to motorcycle specific synthetic (Mobil 1 MX4T 10W-40) at approximately 3,000 miles. More than 20 oil/filter changes over its 31,000 miles (obsessive, I know
smile.png
).

"Ticking" began to manifest between 12-20K and I had it repaired in January 2013. With new exhaust valves and guides, the original torque and HP were restored and it sounds like a brand new FJR.

The only drop was in a parking lot, onto the left side, as I rolled forward without removing a disk lock. The Moko protector saved the fairing, but there are scratches on the underside of the mirror housing, the lower part of the case and the saddlebag. I have attempted to depict these with images that follow in the next post.

This bike has been meticulously maintained and I have saved all of its paperwork. I had the ticker issue repaired so that the next owner would not have to deal with it, or pay for it. I believe that this bike will be a great ride for its next owner, especially one that plans to do some LD riding!

You can reach me through the Forum or by email at joak 44 @ Verizon.net, without the spaces.

Bump, and thanks for the positive comments!

One correction: My mistake -- there is no top bleeder on the Spiegler s/s braided brake line.

One update: Now comes with a current Va Inspection.
smile.png

I've posted some additional images of my FJR.

IMGP0907A_zps1b2c9400.jpg

IMGP0906A_zps3bb8a143.jpg

IMGP0904A_zps00c044c6.jpg

IMGP0903A_zpsc71b1424.jpg

IMGP0901A_zps6080014a.jpg

IMGP0896A_zps7f3e29fe.jpg

Always garaged and, except as noted, in fantastic condition!

Wow! Somebody got a great deal on this bike. Good thing you are far away and I am broke. I don't need a fourth FJR in the garage!

You had the suspension set up just the way I would have done it. I would have been all over this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh btw, did you have to foot the entire bill for the ticker repair? Or did Yammy help you out with it at all 9 years down the road?