steering head sockets

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know if Roy is still doing these :unsure:

I put an order in sometime last year but never heard anything back :mellow:

If Roy is unable to carry on making the steering head sockets would it be ethical/acceptable for someone else to step in? There seem to be a lot of peeps wanting one :fan_1:

Don :unsure:

just roy has been sniffing around the Forum as recently as 2/20/2011. I'm sure that when he has something to say that we would like to hear he will speak up. Life is dynamic and possibly he no longer is in a situation where he can make sockets. In the mean time, I would assume that his failure to empty his mailbox or respond to the recent threads and posts IS the answer to your requests.

I do not think Roy is gonna answer :-(

I tried when I first got my 10. So a Forum member mailed me one and I used it and sent it back. Still owe on that kindness and trust and will pay it forward somewhere.

I finally bit the bullet and bought a factory one. I would have loved to get a Roy Brand though. Not only cost but I love fine craftsmanship and supporting people who ride the bike I am and has enough ability to make something for the community. To me that is cool. However if you cant get it from them then bite the bullet or borrow one.

ionbeam, You're correct. Life is very dynamic... I'll just order the wild hair unit and be done with it. Time stands still for no man, and riding season is close at hand... Life being as dynamic as it is, I'll assume that Roy's current situation precludes him from taking the time to atleast say "I'm not doing this anymore".

Mike

Anyone have another source for a castle nut socket for the steering head. I don't like the idea of using a spanner, torque wrench combo.

Looks like Just Roy is still unavailable. Is there any other source for these? If not, can anyone loan theirs? I'd be much obliged to pay it forward at my next opportunity. PM me, or reply in this thread. I'll keep a lookout, and thanks to the forum for all you folks do.

sorry to have ignored this thread for so long. a lot of different reasons most of them small that just seemed to add up. new bikes, not realizing my mailbox was full and just too many things going on among other things. i quit making the sockets for two reasons.

1. it got to be to big and took on a life of it's own. i can't say no and feel bad to make people wait so i would let other things go to try and get sockets done.

2. 16 people(out of over 300)didn't pay after repeated notes. this was only a small part of it though as i wasn't in this for the money anyway but it made it easier to quit.

if someone wants to borrow a socket i would be glad to loan mine out. i don't come here often so e mail me joshuaz2 attttt hotmail.com.

i still have my fjr and enjoy every ride on it. hope to see some of you out there. although i ride my ducati most.

Roy,

No apologies needed. Making 300 of those tools (I got mine!) was way above and beyond.

I am just really glad, glad, glad to hear that you are well and enjoying life! As you no doubt read, some of us thought that maybe the worst had happened and that you were no longer with us.

Now give someone the names of those 16 deadbeats so we can hound them incessantly just for the fun of it!!

Roy:

I never got a socket - I was too late to the party I guess - but I still appreciate the response. I think it is terrible that so many people failed to pay for the product. That is inexcusable.

I guess I'll try and borrow one from someone locally at some point. Thanks for your hard work anyway.

Roy,

No apologies needed. Making 300 of those tools (I got mine!) was way above and beyond.

I am just really glad, glad, glad to hear that you are well and enjoying life! As you no doubt read, some of us thought that maybe the worst had happened and that you were no longer with us.

Now give someone the names of those 16 deadbeats so we can hound them incessantly just for the fun of it!!
+1000 on that, Roy. Thanks for your efforts.

And a complete list of the 16 folks who didn't pay would be fun. I'd be happy to pay some of them a visit.

Hiya, Roy! I was just wondering how you been doin'...

i still have my fjr and enjoy every ride on it. hope to see some of you out there. although i ride my ducati most.
Dude! Get your butt to Vermont for NERDS. Guaran-damn-teed great time!

Hiya, Roy! I was just wondering how you been doin'...

Dude! Get your butt to Vermont for NERDS. Guaran-damn-teed great time!

By golly if that don't sound like a real nerd invite, I don't know what does ..

Roy,

Yeah, exactly! I have a Roy-Made and it's secured in a coating worthy of Cal Lab preserver until I need it again!

Roy,

Exactly! Roy is a class, A1 guy! If peeps shafted your generosity...

:fuck:

(and no hugs n' kisses)

+1000 on that, Roy. Thanks for your efforts.

And a complete list of the 16 folks who didn't pay would be fun. I'd be happy to pay some of them a visit.
Roy,from my conversations, would/will not do so..

It is his nature

However, Roy, if you email / PM me? :devil:

I'd just like to say it's great to hear from Roy again,

I honestly thought..

so Roy?

good to know doode, good to know!

dcarver

if anyone still has his paypal (or he'll confirm it), how about anyone who has one (or wants to borrow one) send him some money to offset what the deadbeats stiffed him for?

i have received a lot of orders but wanted to restate that if you want one send me a pm with your name and address. as i get them completed i will mail them out. when you get it the postage will be on the box and my name and address inside and on the box. you just send me a check for $26 dollars plus whatever the postage is. i don't want money before hand. this has caused problems in the past that i don't want to duplicate. a lot of people have sent me pm's or said they wanted one in a post but have not sent me their address.

Hello:

Do you still make these wrenches for the Yamaha FJR steering nut? If so, how much do they cost and can/will you mail one to Canada?

Thanks,

Dale

P.S. Are these tools actually a socket which can be used with a torque wrench?

D

i have received a lot of orders but wanted to restate that if you want one send me a pm with your name and address. as i get them completed i will mail them out. when you get it the postage will be on the box and my name and address inside and on the box. you just send me a check for $26 dollars plus whatever the postage is. i don't want money before hand. this has caused problems in the past that i don't want to duplicate. a lot of people have sent me pm's or said they wanted one in a post but have not sent me their address.

Hello:

Do you still make these wrenches for the Yamaha FJR steering nut? If so, how much do they cost and can/will you mail one to Canada?

Thanks,

Dale

P.S. Are these tools actually a socket which can be used with a torque wrench?

D
Per Post #228, Roy's not making these anymore, but he offered to loan his out if you email him (email addy in that post)

if anyone still has his paypal (or he'll confirm it), how about anyone who has one (or wants to borrow one) send him some money to offset what the deadbeats stiffed him for?
I wasn't one of the people lucky enough to get one of the wrenches (see my other note in this thread) but I appreciate it very much when someone is trying to do a good thing and it especially annoys me when someone abuses their good nature. Therefore, I have no problem in helping to pay toward one of the 'Roy-manufactured-sockets' to help offset some of the costs of sending sockets to a deadbeat.

If anyone comes up with a way to send Roy money, let me know and I'll toss in $10 or so to help out.

Dale

Last edited by a moderator:
Per Post #228, Roy's not making these anymore, but he offered to loan his out if you email him (email addy in that post)

Thanks for the reply and information. Wish I had made it in time to get one of the sockets from Roy. Sounds like a great tool.

Dale