steering head sockets

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing going on today, so I fired up the propane heater in the garage and used the Just Roy steering head socket to adjust torque. Man, this tool makes it easy as pie! Awesome.

Thanks, Roy, for providing a great service to all of us!! :yahoo:

Roy - Did you ever make any more of these sockets?? It looks like the only source for a suitable tool now is direct from Yamaha. I want one if you have any to sell.

Thanks!

Dan

Roy,

Can you please let us know if you plan on producing an additional batch of sockets? I missed out on the first go through but would be interested if you're making more... Thanks! -Wally

there is another post up now and i just made 20 and mailed them today. i just saw that this post had risen from the dead. i tore down the mill setup for a different project but will try to make another 20 in two weeks when this job is done.

None of you will be disappointed.

Roy's tool is the shizzy and well worth waiting for

(that didn't sound quite right).

Seriously. You want one.

Them silly german made spanner, doo-hickeys suck room temperature, moist ass cheese compared to the JuRoSHS (Just Roy Steering Head Socket)

None of you will be disappointed. Roy's tool is the shizzy and well worth waiting for

(that didn't sound quite right).

Seriously. You want one.

Them silly german made spanner, doo-hickeys suck room temperature, moist ass cheese compared to the JuRoSHS (Just Roy Steering Head Socket)
Amen brother.

there is another post up now and i just made 20 and mailed them today. i just saw that this post had risen from the dead. i tore down the mill setup for a different project but will try to make another 20 in two weeks when this job is done.
Argh! There was no reply to that thread when I posted here! I guess I should have subscribed to that one, too.

Oh well, please (PLEASE!) put me on the list for your next batch when/if you make more.

Thanks!

Dan

PM sent Sunday and tool arrived today. Awesome craftsmanship! Thanks Roy! :yahoo:

Check is in the mail.

OK after trying to keep this small and only posting in response to other post. i have decided to do this all the way. but after an E-Mail from a retard stating that i was offering fake generosity by offering half the money for a fund for Wayne and Annette because i was charging an absurd amount of money for a piece of metal i was making in my garage. instead of getting pissed off and packing up my marbles and going home i thought it would be better to just show a few pics of the process and let people decide if they want to order. also lets me show off a little and maybe other people can post their projects. pictures are always good anyway.
blanks all cut and samples from the different steps

015.jpg

band saw cutting a blank

014.jpg

lathe boring the inside (this is actually threading but i didn't have a picture of that step)

reverse.jpg

mill making the teeth. hex has already been made on bottom

009.jpg

finished socket

001-3.jpg

i have received a lot of orders but wanted to restate that if you want one send me a pm with your name and address. as i get them completed i will mail them out. when you get it the postage will be on the box and my name and address inside and on the box. you just send me a check for $26 dollars plus whatever the postage is. i don't want money before hand. this has caused problems in the past that i don't want to duplicate. a lot of people have sent me pm's or said they wanted one in a post but have not sent me their address.
Put me on the list also please, it is time to repack steering head bearings and I am not impressed with factory tool or other "wrenches", please let me know when socket may be available, looks good. thanks.

Roy, received the socket today. Looks really good and am thinking about getting a chain to wear it around my neck. Makes for good bling! :clapping: A check is going out tomorrow. Please send me a PM when you get it so I dont have to worry about it. Thanks again.