SuperBrace....Do you have one that doesn't fit !

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fairlaner

The Bartender Whisperer
Reaction score
Did you purchase a SuperBrace within the last 6 months, ride a 2008-2011 FJR 1300 and have a small gap below your SuperBrace?

If there is a small gap below your SuperBrace (like the picture attached), please remove and send back your SuperBrace for rework to the address below (the rework is merely for appearance and is not a safety concern).

The occurrence is from our last SuperBrace batch that was sold from fall 2010 to present (as we were recently made aware of the gap). The bikes affected are the 2008 through 2011 FJR 1300 models.

If this is you, please send back the SuperBrace (keep the fork protectors) to the address below. When we send back the corrected SuperBrace to you, we will include a check for the face value of regular ground shipping to us. The SuperBraces need to be received here by May 1st, 2011.

The Shipping address is

SuperBrace

Attn. #1129

15855 Chemical Lane

Huntington Beach, CA 92649

This is what it should look like......

PERFECT.jpg

This is what mine looked like and is incorrect....

GAP.jpg

R

Did they give any indication as to how long the rework would take? I'm not sure if I still have the stock fork protectors laying around. Don't want my fork legs getting sandblasted here in PHX for too long.

Mike

I had the same issue with my 07. It's a Gen 2 with ABS issue. I bought my brace, new a couple of years ago from another forum member . I think I posted some photos and I also sent them to Superbrace. Fairlaner, If I remember correctly you had responded with some photos from your 08. Anyhoo, The word I got back from Superbrace was that their engineers reviewed the photos I sent and concluded that even though the brace wasn't down on the boss of the fork, it was still doing it's job. The interference is from the inside of the fork against the brace. I had a fork brace on my 03 Connie and it made a huge difference. With the FJR I'm not so sure.

As far as i know the turn around on the braces will be a quick one, they are just trying to get an idea of how many there are and based on the postings here there are not that many.....

I will check with Scott and Chris next week and see whats going on.

R