Thanks Brian & Marissa for another great Tech Day!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sportsguy

searchgeek - author
Reaction score
Fine food, fine friends, fine dog... what else can I say?

Thanks guys (everyone) for another excellent Tech Day!

Special thanks to:

•  
  • Brian & Marissa for the invitation & hospitality :)
  • Jackson & Hudson (Dave's spawn) for the entertainment ;)
  • ...everyone else for the laughs and warm words of friendship!

See ya'll next time! :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for putting this together. Met some new forum faces and saw a few I'd run into before, learned that I better get on with replacing my CCT real soon too. I even conquered what I'm calling Aurburn FJR's "Driveway of Death".

:lmaosmiley:

Another great event in the books, Thanks.

Auburn FJR's "Driveway of Death" didn't get me this Tech Session. I parked on the street! :yahoo:

Thanks to Bryan and Marissa for hosting another great tech meet, and to also meet some new fourm members. :yahoo:

Another great day, thanks again to Bryan and Marissa for opening up their beautiful home to the gang!

Light turn out this time, must have been the first rain in three months... :unsure: It's going to take me at least two hours to clean up beauty from the ride down.

Thanks for the well wishes for the kid. Reports from tonight are much improved and on the road to recovery.

See y'all at the bike show breakfast, or sooner!!

--G

Twas a cool day(way) to start the "off" season, enjoyed my brief visit with all the folks, wish I could have ridden the bike and stayed longer. Many thanks to Marissa and Brian for hosting what was a select group this fall. Jim

Thanks for having us over, Brian/Marissa - nice to meet a few locals and check out my farkling opportunities for the winter.

Your driveway is honestly the scariest thing I've taken the FJR down in a long time, though :)

MMMM...Pie...Thanks!

Ya know it's a good day when Adam gets done before 10PM and I get out of there with the left over pie.

Great hosts and good friends, Thanks.

PS: Made name tags for Mem and BeemerDons but they were both no shows. ;)

Big thanks to Bryan and Marissa for hosting, and to Marcus, George, Bryan, and Dave for their help and assistance throughout the day.

The bike is running much better (after I readjusted idle back to AE levels). It seems that our attempt to raise the idle on my bike was misguided, resulting in a Shift_48 error at the end of Bryan's street. And the next stop sign. At the light at the bottom of the hill. All requiring killing the bike and restarting the engine just so I could continue on. After a quick call to Marcus to explain our mistake I readjusted the idle lower in a gas station parking lot and it worked out great for the rest of the ride home.

Bryan, I'll let you know how the fork adjustment went...after I reset my suspension settings. It seems the compression and rebound were still set to all the way out from when we took the forks apart. Whoops. I'll correct that tomorrow.

Thank you Brian and Marissa for a fantastic day!

Your kindness and hospitality make you both very special people in this world. I feel very fortunate to know the both of you.

I also wanted to say thank you to all those that help me today with my FJR. Special thanks to Brian, George, Dave, Marcus, Roger, Norman and thank you to the ones I did not mention. I appreciated it dearly and I hope I can return the favor someday.

Thanks again everyone for an awesome day! :)

Awesome day at the Baileys! Thank you both so much for the hospitality and assistance with my bike. Grateful to all who helped with my stubborn Gen 1 valve check process! Met more great peeps and look forward to seeing you all again

Was a slightly smaller crowd that usual, but the rain scared a few I suspect. ;)

Got some major maintenance done on several bikes. Got a chance to rebuild my forks today. :yahoo:

Made it home with almost no problems. It rained like a son of a gun--that was the main problem--but thanks to Niehart, I had outstanding rain gear for it. Dave loaned me his car so I could go to REI, and also stop by the local m/c dealer to check out waterproof boots. Not his fault if the GPS sent me first to REI's corporate headquarters instead of a store, and then when I set it for HInshaw's Honda, it sent me to Hinshaw's Honda automobile showroom! But I ended up getting the rain gear--and the boots. And I needed them all. I didn't do the big loop around WA and OR I envisioned, but I did some of the roads--some fun ones--that you guys recommended, so thanks for that Fontanaman Jim and Bryan too.

I was sorry to miss saying goodbye to a lot of the guys before you all left. That shopping trip got a lot longer than I wanted it to, but it was great to see so many folks I knew from one gathering or another over the years--one of the greatest things about this forum. And it was good to meet a lot of you I've only known from your posts.

Oh yeh, the "almost" no problems. I did almost have another problem. 77 in a 55 coming into Prineville, OR in the rain. The deputy followed for half a mile or so as I rode at a sedate 50 or less and the right blinker on, looking for a safe place to pull over. After a minute, Bambi and both his parents crossed right in front of me. Sheesh. Guess he figured the scare was warning enough, cuz he let me slide. Or maybe he just felt sorry for me when I pulled my helmet off to talk to him and put it right back on again as a rain hat. Tip of the cap to him. Anyway, it worked. I did ride much slower that last ten miles into Prineville. :)

Finally, and most importantly, I really have to join in the chorus of thanks to Bryan and Marissa. You guys are great. Not just for putting on a super event--twice a year, too--but for your hospitality to me in particular. Put me up (and put up with me) both the night before and the night of the meet, fed me, even did my laundry! (well, Marissa did.) Thank you both so much for everything. So . . . when's this bike show breakfast?

Mike thank you for coming up. Too bad the weather was not better for you going home. I believe the MC show is the first weekend in December.