The best year for the FJR1300

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2007, because it is the best color. Other than that, any year where it was not blue ;)

You guys are all full of "Donkey Doo"! This is a trick question to pit us against each other! 🥵 Can't you see that? 👓 We all know (In our hearts) the 06 is the Best, Simplest, Fastest, and just THE most beautiful color FJR EVER!! Just be men and admit it!!! :cool:

Pete-o

P.S. None of you guys know where I live.... right? ✌️
LoL - I love my 2006, but I would have bought a 2008 or newer if I had known what a PITA it would be to get it sorted....Spider Bite, Attitude sickness, snatchy throttle, stiff clutch, etc. Yamaha got it all sorted after 2008 (but the colors weren't as good as the 2006).

My first '05 was too flimsy. Couldn't stand up to a big pile of granite rocks.

I had a similar problem with my '06. I loved the color, could do without the snatchy throttle which Ivan's flash almost corrected, but it just couldn't take being hit by a car. Now I love the '08.

ERS I like the way you think! (y) I also added the heated grips. I use a throttle lock... it's just OK 🤷‍♂️ Rode to the Bay of Gaspé a few years ago. (On a BMW with CC) Nice open roads up there in your neck of the continent. We had a blast! (Pre-Covid) Next trip I'll reach out.

Pete-o

Attachments

• IMG_2145.jpg
    IMG_2145.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
Best year? Anything past 06, because the first generation had that heated tank problem that roasted thighs 😳😜.

That said, they are all pretty much the same, other than the obvious electronic upgrades. Same frame, same motor, same wheels/tires.

I had an 06 that I lived enough to put 112k mile on it. But, the suspension was obviously lacking. So GP suspensions did the forks and added a Penske rear shock which transformed the suspension. Added the Audiovox cruise control, on of Gauraulds racks/ backrest (for when the pillion was on) and it was a great bike!

However, the new 23 I now have is certainly better. All if the added electronics make this a much better bike. The suspension is easily adjustable and works out of the box as well as the upgraded 06 I had. The added 6 speed is a plus, but with that motor isn't really needed.

Is it the best? That's subjective, as previously stated, the major components are the same across the generations. But I'd say the 3rd gen is an outstanding progression of improvements for the FJR, definitely making it the best sport tourer on the market. Especially considering the price, bang for the buck it really can't be beat.

Sooo, you're finally warming up to the '15s beautiful Asphalt Gray? 😘

~G

Fuke NO!

Anyone who likes that color must not have had much of a mother! But you can repaint it something better...... Purple..... Bubblegum..... Turd Brown...... Anything would be better than that FUGLY Assphalt Gray!!!!

2007, because it is the best color. ;)

I never understood why anyone was so enamored with the 2007 grotesque black-cherry-lavender color. It is the only color I would never consider buying. But I suppose it's a matter of personal taste. Mine just happens to be impeccable.

I never understood why anyone was so enamored with the 2007 grotesque black-cherry-lavender color. It is the only color I would never consider buying. But I suppose it's a matter of personal taste. Mine just happens to be impeccable.
So, what is yours? I currently own a beautiful 2011 in Liquid Silver, but I rather liked the 2007 that I put 295,000 km on over 10 years. (Not a hint of lavender in the 2007)