Tires

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRay

Reaction score
It's time to shop for tires for my car. 07 Ford Edge. Its been so long since I shopped for tires that I don't have a clue as to what is good these days. It came with Hankook and they aren't bad but a little more noise than I like. Looking for all season M+S rated.

Post up your opinion.

Ray, I would go to tirerack.com. There you can find out the tire options for your car, and then look at the reviews to see what people think about them. That's what I did when I bought tires for my VW lately. I ended up buying them on sale at CostCo, but did my research at Tirerack.com

You asked, ya goat fecker...

I mean shit! If some of us are brave enough to run car tires...

images1.jpg

Fuzzy Balls for tire rack though

Last edited by a moderator:
I checked out Tirerack when my 2007 Pontiac G6 needed them awhile back and got into a disagreement with a couple of their installers. It seems they didn't want to protect the installation price that was shown for them on the tirerack website. Also, they acted real pissy about my not buying the tires from them. Wound up just buying the tires locally but definitely not from the assholes afore mentioned. :angry2:

I have been looking at tirerack for awhile and their prices are good. I will probably buy from America's tire because they will match any internet bid you show them and they do free checks and tire rotations. They are also nationwide through their stores or Discount tire.

I was looking for some reports from owners of specific tires good or bad.

Just for Bust :fuck: :fuck: :fuck:

Just put Michelin Primacys on our outback and love them. Got them from Americas best with a $70 rebate. They matched Costco as well. Really quiet tire and good handling tires.

+1 on Tire Rack.

Great on-line tool for comparing grip v tread life. The numbers given aren't absolute but they do give you a comparison of different tires from a single manufacturer.

I went with a Z rated tire because of my cars but found that there was a good all-season tire with pretty good grip but better tread life than the OEM by Kuhmo. I went 1 speed rating down for my wife's WRX than I did on my STi. Both have outlived the OEM choices and handling of the STi is more affected by my decision to move from the OEM 18" rim to a Tire Rack 17" rim. The STi lost a little of the go kart feel because of the taller sidewall (flex) but gained a huge advantage over the 18" rims with the OEM painted on tires in that the rims don't bash themselves to death on every road imperfection. But the STi still did well around The Dragon last summer. I didn't push on The Dragon itself because traffic is simply too crazy but there are plenty of other roads in the area where I was able to cut loose.

As for support, my local Discount Tires is a dealer for them and has honored the warranty even though I had pressure sensors and tires the tires mounted on the new rims and shipped straight from TR. I did the swap in my driveway. DT doesn't bat an eye when I come in for a rotation, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only 10,000 miles so far, but I've had good performance out of the Michelin LTX® M/S2 on my Ford Escape.

A lot of places will price match, so shop around for the best deal. Sears had the best price at the time, but my local independent shop matched it.

Latest posts