Tuscany by Scooter in 2014 with Edelweiss, Couples Tour.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Karin Gritsch of Edelweiss Bike Travel has identified our base hotel in Florence for our Tuscany by Scooter Tour: https://www.dannunziohotel.it/eng/index.html

4.5. Base hotel / Tour-Hotel
Name: VILLA D'ANNUNZIO
Street / Straße: Via G. D'Annunzio 141/a-b
City, ZIP / PLZ, Stadt: 50135 Firenze
Country / Land: Italy / Italien
Phone / Telefon: +39.0.5560.2960
E-mail: [email protected]

Postscript: Your Papa Chuy Viejo posed for the statue in front of Villa d'Annunzio! jes' sayin' and nuff said, ese!

63f9fff315d8ce545e631c18f593a42f5large.jpg
Thanks. Looks like a very nice place.

I had reached out to the different bike tour places looking for rental info and hotel and route suggestions. Got almost nothing of value back unfortunately.

I had to get some things locked in as we were losing time so here's what we got

Rented a 2014 R1200RT from HP Motorrad in Florence

Staying 3 nights in Florence at Hotel Davanzati

2 nights in Siena at Hotel Athena

1 night in Pisa at Hotel Novecento.

Plan on Heading down to Siena after a day in Florence and spending the day walking around. Then we'll do a day loop to Arezzo and Montepulciano and back to Siena. Next day we'll head for Pisa via San Gimignano, Volterra and Castiglioncello. Tour Pisa next morning and head for Florence in the afternoon. We'll take the train to Venice after that.

Bit of a whirlwind tour and I hope to research out good spots along the way, maybe some off the beaten path roads. We'll see. It's been a chore working even this much out. My preference was to just sign up with a tour and let them do all the work but our fixed dates just wouldn't allow it.

I'll report back here about the places we stayed so that anyone researching in the future will have some insight.

I like your ride itinerary and you'll have a good time, please consider contacting Stefano Sarao if you want to meet Italian FJR Forum Riders:

[email protected] Here is an old email address I had for the Italian Sport Touring Forum, Stefano speak English way better than dcarver and HotRodZilla put together! JSNS!

Last edited by a moderator:
I like your ride itinerary and you'll have a good time, please consider contacting Stefano Sarao if you want to meet Italian FJR Forum Riders:
[email protected] Here is an old email address I had for the Italian Sport Touring Forum, Stefano speak English way better than dcarver and HotRodZilla put together! JSNS!
I just sent Stefano an email. I'll let you know if that address is still active.

Thanks!

Buon giorno Stef, Mek, Hook and David: Just wanted to let you blokes know FJR Forumites will once again be on your side of the pond. Let's meet up!

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/150808-tuscany-by-scooter-in-2014-with-edelweiss-couples-tour/page-1 We're going to be on Mighty Vespa 300cc's! Your Papa Chuy Viejo will look like a Monkey fornicating a football! JSNS!

Farthest North we'll be on the tour is Mugello, perhaps we can meet in Bologna if Edelweiss will let us free ride the scooters. Are Vespas legal on Autopistas?

Italian Itinerary is Attached! We already have our lodgings, if perhaps you wanted to meet us in Venice or Florence. Florence - Friday 9/26 through Saturday 10/4: https://www.dannunziohotel.it/eng/index.html Venice - Saturday 10/4 through Wednesday 10/8: https://www.villaodino.it/en/ Rome - Wednesday 10/8 through Saturday 10/11: https://www.hotelmodigliani.com

Dr. Rich from www.fjrforum.com and his wife Susan will be on this tour with us, rest of the folks are from https://www.azbeemers.org/forum/index.php?topic=4112.0

Arrivederci,

Don StanleyChandler, Arizona

Can't wait to follow along on this tour through the beautiful photos and colorful prose that I'm sure will accompany it.

Can't wait.

Hell, I had to step out of mass this morning when my phone beeped telling me there was a new post on this thread.

Hope I don't end up in hell, ….with Dr. Rich and every other Dane.

Can't wait to follow along on this tour through the beautiful photos and colorful prose that I'm sure will accompany it.Can't wait.
I don't think Papa Chuy has the techical chops to push a shutter button on a camera.

Hell, I had to step out of mass this morning when my phone beeped telling me there was a new post on this thread.Hope I don't end up in hell, ….with Dr. Rich and every other Dane.
I am astounded that you weren't stuck by a thunderbolt as you were approaching the church.

I am astounded that you weren't stuck by a thunderbolt as you were approaching the church.
Well, we have had lightning strikes throughout the region today, but since OM is still posting (within the last hour), I assume God hasn't been to the range lately and Her accuracy has suffered from the rust.

Old Michael is in the lead, Dr. Rich is the fat and slow Dane with Papa Chuy Viejo filming the video eh!

Don... You know that is not you riding sweep and filming. Having ridden BMW's most of your life, you couldn't handle the speed that would be necessary to keep up. Additionally you will be riding two up and I doubt that you have the technical ability to make those sharp turns. I was told by Edelweiss that you had requested a handicapped riders sticker with a little Irish Elf on it! JSNS!

Don... You know that is not you riding sweep and filming. Having ridden BMW's most of your life, you couldn't handle the speed that would be necessary to keep up. Additionally you will be riding two up and I doubt that you have the technical ability to make those sharp turns. I was told by Edelweiss that you had requested a handicapped riders sticker with a little Irish Elf on it! JSNS!
Jesu Cristo Doktor Ricardo, it's not a little Irish Elf: It's a Leprechaun, aye! Damn Danes! jes' sayin' and nuff said, ese!

I'd think a USC Trojan would be familiar with the Fighting Irish Leprechaun: Notre Dame currently leads the series 45–35–5!

notre-dame6.jpg

Guys, through a business contact at New Holland I have arranged for a combine harvester to be your pace vehicle while touring Italy
rolleyes.gif
. Y'all don't worry, We'll look after you.

Yo Dude, have you and Melanie sat on a Vespa 300 yet? Victory BMW has two

Tried to, but they said that the last time someone did that, they had to rebuild the shocks and the entire rear sub-frame !

Nonsense BB, those scooters will easily take that weight. Here's an old pic of me, before I went on the Jenny Craig diet! BB, do you recognize this mini bike?

poor-scooter.jpg

YIKES!
Y'all are killing the beauty of the Tuscany thread.
not_i.gif
Just wait CopB8 until I post up a pic of the Damned Dane Dr. Rich on a Vespa 300, that will be guaranteed to make you toss up your lunch! jes' sayin' and nuff said, ese!
Don... You might want to be careful around the Danes.... I happen to know that I will be riding alone on my 300 and you and Donna will be riding two up on yours... That means I can take lots of pictures from behind....Wonder what that will look like?