Welcome Everyone

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would be me Wheaton. Did you ride down with me to the 2004 Midwest Tech/maintenance gathering in Indianapolis? What a great bunch of guys. The 2006 model upgrades have peaked my interest. I sold my 2004ABS model but not before going around Lake Superior and topping off at 142 MPF in Wiscosin with both side bags and Yammy top trunk fully loaded. A very stable mount. ;)

The problem was I saw alot of performance awards in my future. I still have a year or two to go to pay of my dental bills. Maybe an arrest me red verdion will hit the US by then.

By the way, I sold the 04 coming back from the Superior trip in two days.

I saw two 05 FJR's over at Chicago Cycle last weekend. I have nothing bad to say about the bike, but it was hotter the my ST1100. I blame the cat converter and the aluminum frame working as a heat sink. The ST1100 is plastic covered. The ST1100 is a gentlemans bike. The FJR is a "sow some oats" bike :cownoy:

Mike Nemeth

AKA Uncle Fester

Yeah Fester, that was me with you going down to INDY. You, onedriver and I rode down together. onedriver and I went out to OHIO this spring to have mcarp (yamaholic on this board) lead us around some twisty southeast Ohio roads. I'm leaving in less than two weeks to ride with him again. There were about 10 FJrs there in the spring. Mcarp was one the Ohio riders at the Indy techmeet that were doing all the TBS and rear drive lubing.

See you around...and again welcome to the new FJR place to be. Hope an 06 is in your future. Sounds like they've done some good stuff that you will appreciate.

Just Found you. Looks good. Be away from the boards over the summer for more reasons than I want to list. I been on owners for a couple weeks and could help thinking something was wrong. finally I asked and some where willing to tell. The tread was quickly deleted. Sounds like there is some wierd shit going down over there. Looks like the hunt for Menlodin is over. He's running EzBoard.

Good to be back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, many have been banned over there for uttering the URL of this board, and we worried exactly about people like you. Smiling, happy faces, but no substance behind.

I haven't been banned myself and either I'm not trying hard enough or I'd like to think I'm able to send people empathic messages....or is that PMs that all the cool kids are over here.

Do a favor and if you think there's anybody else worth saving over there....shoot them a PM.

Welcome to the new place. The software is great and nobody gets banned for mentioning other boards.

Well hi y'all. :D

Wish life would've allowed me to get here sooner but this

has been the worst summer for me... I mean worst summer

ever. I didn't get to do much of anything but work

and recover from several surgerys.

So far I love this board, easy logon, nice layout, easy on

the eyes.

And hello again Warchild, been a while hope life's been

good to you. B)

Glad to finally be here.

DSC00095.jpg

Well, this is more like it! I've been a member of the EZ board for some time. It took a while but I realized that the EZ board was getting stale and some of the more colorful members had disappeared.

I really like this board... so much more info and a much more enlightened take on things. Now I've got to seeif I want to upgrade from my '04 to an '06. Not sure about the electic shift yet. I wish I could get the standard bike in the silver of the E model.

Well, thats my $0.02 worth for now.

David

Very nicely done WC. Very clean, very smooth. Couldn't have done better even if I could have done it at all, which I can't. Thanks very much.

Just so's you recent additions are clear.... it was Slapnpop who created this forum when EZBoard slid into hacked hell late last May

He offered it up to the Admin team (Newman, myself, SkooterG) at the time. I'd been trying to convince Newman to abandon that POS EZBoard long before the hack occurred, but for whatever strange reason, he wanted to stay with a lousy forum with crap functionality, one that, to this day, has no search capability, no long-tem historical data, etc, etc.

So I said "auf wiedershen" to EZCrap on June 4th and never looked back. SkooterG joined shortly thereafter. The rest is history. This may be chronologically the youngest of the English-speaking FJR forums, but there's no doubt about it, it's the finest one online! B)

It's about time I signed on and introduced myself. I've been an occasional lurker here since the EZ board meltdown and a regular at FJROwner's for several years. I'm not a big fan of their new software so I may spend a little more time here from now on.

tafn

dv

:rolleyes: Great, it appears that the site and list are fully up and running.

Dale and Travis, could you guys use some contributions to offset at least some of the expense for all of this?

In appreciation,

Leonard

:rolleyes:   Great, it appears that the site and list are fully up and running.Dale and Travis, could you guys use some contributions to offset at least some of the expense for all of this?

In appreciation,

Leonard
Insofar as we had to re-locate the forum to a new hosting outfit, we are indeed going to have to start paying out own way now (which was inevitable, as we all knew to begin with).

We are covered with regard to hosting fees for now (thanks to Slapnpop). The Admins will be discussing possible revenue vehicles so that we can ensure uninterupted service in the future.

:clap: Another great FJR site.

I am getting a little confused as to which FJR site I am loging on to these days.

Most of the names are the same though

Belly

Welcome Belly... the same Belly from the UK site?... that shipped his FJR to New Zealand and carved up it's roads? Very pleased for you to be here. You should post a couple of pics from that trip here... eye popping pics, as I recall.

If it turns out you're the same Belly who shipped his bike to NZ..... yes, please post some pics to whet my appetite. I'm planning a trip there over next year's Canadian winter. No planning done yet but I know my traveling companion and I are thinking of buying bikes there then selling when we depart.

Kasey