What is a 2016 FJR worth?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

birkdale10

Reaction score
I know it is a hard question.

It listed for $16,200 when new. I went to Cullman, AL and paid $15,000. It has 52,000 miles, lots of highways, and lots of new clean oil.

I found the NADA and Kelly sites, and put in the info. They say somewhere over $10k.

I spoke to a local bike shop, described the bike (did NOT take it to him to look at). He said he might take it as trade-in and give my $6500 to $7000.

It has a taller windshield, a trunk, a Russell Saddle. I probably will just leave on the Garmin 595LM. 'Never raced or dropped'.

I'm just trolling for opinions. If I wanted to sell it to a good friend for a bargain price, but still get some value...what should I ask for?

In California, Craiglist posting seem to quote optimistic prices, leaving room to negotiate. IMHO, if you sold it to him for 75 - 90% of private party Craigslist postings in your region (adjusted for farkles and mileage), he should be happy and you still not feel like you shorted yourself too much.

Birkdale, you don't mention whether the bike is an ES or A, so it makes a few thousand $$ difference...Your profile shows ES, and I'd be sure to include that in any search for price. I'm guessing you're in prime selling season right now and might get just south of $10K. For some reason, people will buy a bike for $9998 before they pay $10,000. I think your numbers only sink as you move towards later in the season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately for you, many buyers are quite scared of bikes with mileage.

I recently sold my 13 A with 56,000 for $5,500. It was well farkled as well,

I was offered 4,500 in trade for it.

If I were you I'd be happy with the first $10,000 and I'd take $9,500 without blinking twice.