Where are the 2012 FJRs

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkooterG

Purveyor of Crooked Facts
Reaction score
According to Yamaha's website (Clicky) the 2012 FJRs were supposed to be available in November. Anybody got one? Has anybody seen one on a dealership's showroom floor?

I want piccies! :lol:

According to Yamaha's website (Clicky) the 2012 FJRs were supposed to be available in November. Anybody got one? Has anybody seen one on a dealership's showroom floor?

I want piccies! :lol:

It is really quite complicated... You see, Yamaha has been secretly buying up all the 06's on the current

market through private buyers. They then spin back the odometers and paint the tails and a few other

minor adjustments. As soon as they have enough in their secret warehouses, they will release them as

2012's. Hopefully I can get you a pic at bike week in Daytona at the Yamaha tent.

yeah yeah! my dealer has one on the floor, and I'll telly ya... thing looks awesome!! At first thought it was an 06, but it was so pristine, no way.

They are really nice looking, very very nice.

This is a link to it on the showroom floor, they have some decent pics :)

Last edited by a moderator:
That FJR is lacking the FJR decal from the side, looks like that is standard now. I'm just glad that whatever that chunk of chromed plastic they were putting on the '09s is gone.

According to THOSE photos, that blue has a suspicious amount of gay 05 blue tint in it. Doesn't look like the deep dark cobalt blue of the 2006 models...kind of a hybrid color. Not fully gay 05, just an 06 with the 05 color peeking out of the closet door.

According to THOSE photos, that blue has a suspicious amount of gay 05 blue tint in it. Doesn't look like the deep dark cobalt blue of the 2006 models...kind of a hybrid color. Not fully gay 05, just an 06 with the 05 color peeking out of the closet door.
Oh man... 05's get no respect ;)

I'm gonna be over at the dealer again today. Will bring the camera and try to get some realistic pics.

Well, it's annoying when the pics don't come out as good as they should, but these aren't too bad...

145.JPG

146.JPG

147.JPG

148.JPG

149.JPG

150.JPG

152.JPG

My sales guy and I checked the color rite site. the 05 was galaxy blue and the 06 and 12 are cobalt blue. You guys already know that, but I didn't ;)

That looks like Cobalt to me. Not as much burple as the distinctive Bass Bote Blue of the '05's.

You boring colored bike owners are just jealous... :p

That FJR is lacking the FJR decal from the side, looks like that is standard now. I'm just glad that whatever that chunk of chromed plastic they were putting on the '09s is gone.
I love the chunk of chromed plastic on the 09's. It's plastic on plastic, what's wrong with that? Beats the FJR decal hands down.

Bill

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the chunk of chromed plastic on the 09's. It's plastic on plastic, what's wrong with that? Beats the FJR decal hands down.

Bill
the decal is incredibly refined and beautiful! :lol: