Windscreen Buzz

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwistedGrip

Reaction score
Hello Forum Members

I need your help.  Lately, my 2011 has developed a really bad buzzing coming from around the windshield mechanism.  It only happens at around 2000-3000ish RPM in every gear.  Once I accelerate through that range it goes away. I haven't done any major disassembly in that area, and never had the windshield mechanism apart. Does anybody have any experience with this, or possibly a solution. 

Thanks

Make sure the plastic cover in front is tight.  Is the windshield visibly shaking?  Doesn't make sense that it is an RPM thing - no connection.  Windshield noise more likely to be speed or wind related.  Are you sure it isn't something else?  Does it change if you put your hand on it? 

I had some buzzing from my '14, don't recall if it was RPM related or not. It was the plastic covers that cover the screws. The fastener was tight but the plastic pieces were loose enough at the top that they buzzed. Took me a while to figure it out. My solution was to just put a couple felt pads under the pieces - cleared it up.

Buzzing in the windshield area has also been linked to a missing foam piece under the "W". Have you changed the windshield recently? Has the foam piece deteriorated / fallen apart?

~G

Thanks for the help. This forum is a great community.  Turns out it was the panel that covers the battery.  Like most, I had the battery on trickle all winter. When I reinstalled the panel, the one fastener (top, just under the info centre) wasn't holding the three pieces tight enough.  I swapped out the screw for a longer one and got more bite on the threads. Seems to have resolved the issue.

good that u got rid of the annoying buzz....I had a similar buzz and it was the two headlight adjustment knobs..I slipped an O ring over each to shut them up...

Latest posts