WyoSteve from Denver is in Intensive Care

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The latest from Keith...

Hey all,
My brother is doing slightly better each day so we are cautiously optimistic he may pull through. I REALLY feel the thoughts and prayers are making this happen so keep them coming. Still a sick puppy but much more stable with less and less life support.

Thanks for the support,

Keith

-Roger-

Pullin for him, good to hear he's making improvements.

My next door neighbour is a doctor and he was saying that whatever the hell is going around is f'n nasty. People come crawling in and they're leaving in ambulances. Something like 6 or 7 in the last week or two. Thats nuts!

What the hell is going on lately. Nobody seems to just get a cold or the flu anymore, its always some double throw down bird flu ebola stuff that makes you grow flippers out of your forehead and makes your nipples bleed.

update please!!

Wyosteve has been on my mind and in my prayers.

Hope he is better.

Regards,

Bruce

My next door neighbour is a doctor and he was saying that whatever the hell is going around is f'n nasty. People come crawling in and they're leaving in ambulances. Something like 6 or 7 in the last week or two. Thats nuts!
What the hell is going on lately.
Antibiotic resistant bacteria are on the increase around the World. Some is due to successful natural mutation as the bugs learn to adapt and survive, other sources are the indiscriminate use of antibiotics in the food industry, leading to tough bugs. The medico's are simply running out of chemicals to fight the infections.

Some argue that it's better to get a little sick and build personal resistance than take a pill at every sniffle. However, this sounds serious enough for complete medical care. Went through milder but similar events a couple of years ago, and it does change your expectations on the ability of the medico's to fix it. Frequent International air travel is often the disease vector, it wasn't years ago.

I hope Steve gets the best of care and recovers.

Gary in Fairbanks

Our thoughts and prayers also.

I have been off work for the last nine days becuse of the same thing, except I got to the doctor before the ambulance was needed.

GET WELL SOON!!!

Any update?
Thoughts and prayers with him.
Haven't heard anything recently. I'll keep checking.

I've been keeping a close eye on another biker brother over in Asheville, NC that's losing his long battle with cancer right now.

He is widely known as Vman1300 or Big Kevin, and is a member of many bike communities. It's been very tough on his wife and close friends. He's only 36.

-Roger-

Last edited by a moderator:
I just discovered this thread today. Prayers and thoughts will go out for Steve. Hopefully he is making progress and will be back on the road soon.

Update.

I understand Steve is doing much better finally, after lung surgery, rehab and a long battle with infection. He still has his FJR but as of last word hadn't returned to riding quite yet. Hopefully he's out of the woods, health wise.

I also have to report that my friend Kevin (Vman1300) from Asheville, NC, circumed to his cancer a while back. He was allowed to return to his home from a hospice house to live out his last few hours with his family around him. Kevin had a very strong faith and felt there was a greater plan and that he was needed elsewhere to help out. He had just turned 37. God speed, Kevin.

-Roger

Last edited by a moderator: