Yamaha Says Thanks to Vale

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

protondecay123

No Delusions of Significance
Reaction score
Two page advertisement in February 2011 Cycle World

320x192-images-stories-2010-dicembre-yamaha1.jpg

The text is "Grazie Vale. E' stata una grande corsa"

Which in English means "Thanks Vale. It's been a great run", which explains it all.

It was also in the opening pages of RoadRacing World... That's a class act, there. I hear he's already making useful suggestions at Ducati. I hope he beats Stoner next year! And I hope he makes the bike user-friendly enough that Hayden finally starts making progress, but I wouldn't count on it.

I completely missed that add and went my reading room to thumb through the already perused edition. Sure enough, second 2-page add just after the Ford add on the inside cover.

Doh! Can you tell how much I check the advertisements!?!? :rolleyes:

Just like reading Playboy for the articles......

Pretty darn cool. Hardly see that happen in today's corporate world, especially during hard times.

I completely missed that add and went my reading room to thumb through the already perused edition. Sure enough, second 2-page add just after the Ford add on the inside cover.

Doh! Can you tell how much I check the advertisements!?!? :rolleyes:

Just like reading Playboy for the articles......
Motorcycle mags are the only place I also read the ads. Heck, they're about motorcycles. But I don't read any MC mags anymore. I used to read them on airplanes when I traveled a lot for bees wax. Now I just don't make the time. But I do pick up the free mags (Friction Zone, City Bike) to put in the reading room basket.

But that is a cool ad. Can't wait for MotoGP to start. Every year since he won we hope to see Nicky kick some butt, and every year we have been disappointed. But now we have Ben to root for. Should be a great year.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a class act, there.
+1. It was a great run, though, wasn't it?
Yep. Back when it was announced how many $$ (million) Yamaha was paying Val, a friend said: "Sounds like Yamaha got a deal."

Now, after his performances, it certainly seems that's true.

Has anyone ever won the top class championship on three different bikes? I'm pretty sure it hasn't been done. It would be cool to see it happen.
Don't know -- I think you may have to go back to the time before WWII to find such an occurance?

If you include smaller classes -- Val was 250 champion on an Aprilia (so: 'Priller, Honda, Yamaha).

Angel Nieto was World Champion many times on the small bikes -- (5 different brands: Derbi, Kreidler, Bultaco, Minarelli, Garelli).

Freddie Spencer was 250 & 500 Champ (Honda) -- both in the same year.

And, John Surtees was both Motorcycle World Champion (MV Agusta) and, later, Formula One (car) World Champion (Ferrari).

Every year since he won we hope to see Nicky kick some butt, and every year we have been disappointed.
Actually, on the other end of the scale, I'm rather disappointed to see how Stoner slagged off Ducati, saying they're a small-time operation that didn't have the resources to try all the things he thought they should have. This is after Ducati pretty much worshiped Stoner and built their bike around him to the point nobody else (Hayden, Melandri, etc.) could ride it. Plus everyone already knows how much smaller Ducati is than the Japanese factories, and consider it a minor miracle they're kicking as much butt as they are.

He ends up sounding like a spoiled brat. Him and the Pedrobot will make a pair...

And yeah, I think Spies will make life interesting for everyone. I just hope he doesn't get injured.

Every year since he won we hope to see Nicky kick some butt, and every year we have been disappointed.
Actually, on the other end of the scale, I'm rather disappointed to see how Stoner slagged off Ducati, saying they're a small-time operation that didn't have the resources to try all the things he thought they should have. This is after Ducati pretty much worshiped Stoner and built their bike around him to the point nobody else (Hayden, Melandri, etc.) could ride it. Plus everyone already knows how much smaller Ducati is than the Japanese factories, and consider it a minor miracle they're kicking as much butt as they are.
Interesting perspective. Had not thought of that. Good information.

Is there an online source to watch full motoGP races? I usually miss the actual race on speed and can't seem to find a reliable site for the whole race, as opposed to just the highlights.

Is there an online source to watch full motoGP races? I usually miss the actual race on speed and can't seem to find a reliable site for the whole race, as opposed to just the highlights.

Right here, but you have to pay a fee. I beleive with the fee you can go back and watch previous events too. MotoGP.com

MotoGP.com, why didn't I think of that :rolleyes: I was looking for free sites before I think, the price isn't bad though.

Thanks!

Latest posts