2012 Breaks Interstate Camping Trip, May 18-20

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess it will really depend on what time you are planning on leaving. I was thinking Hungry Mother. then we could ride the 16 loop I was talking about earlier Friday on the way to Breaks.
I guess my first step should be finding out where hungry mother state park is. Lol! & about time of departure: I am not totally positive what time we'd be on the road. I can tell you this for sure... when I am not at work I do not get paid. I have absolutely no vacation time to burn. With that said, I am assuming that it won't be before noon or later.

Edited to add: I just looked where HMSP is. I think that I can safely say that if I don't have the entire day off, we would not make that.
Heidi - If you could leave at noon or 1 you could probably make it. That would be slab all the way, but then that gives all day friday to play on some awesome roads. Google says 301 miles for me. I would need to leave around the same time.

Joe - 6 to 7:30 PM time frame would work
400 miles (6.5 hrs) according to Mapquest for me. I could leave work at 11:30 and be there for Happy Hour
700 miles (11 hrs) for me if I slab. You all are making this hard on me, but I also want as much riding down there as posible. So I will try to make it. ;)

700 miles (11 hrs) for me if I slab. You all are making this hard on me, but I also want as much riding down there as posible. So I will try to make it. ;)
Well Art. that would mean you would have to have the whole day off Thursday, so just leave Wednesday afternoon and chop a couple hundred off to make Thursday a little lighter.

Well Art. that would mean you would have to have the whole day off Thursday, so just leave Wednesday afternoon and chop a couple hundred off to make Thursday a little lighter.
Good idea Bob. If I leave Wed then I can take the fun way down threw WV and keep the radar detector on. :) That way I can really try out the new suspension.

I am not a VaBe person. I am a proud Norfolkian!
and I thought they were called Nofocker's
Actually, I've always referred to being from here as being a Norfuckian.

Nofockers may be said by folks in Faquier County... you know that place, right?
Why yes I do Heidi...I almost laughed in the face of the officer when he mentioned the name of the county, that he just pulled me over in (fuckyer county) :lol:

Ride, ride, ride, that's all you people are talking about!!!! Does everyone have their Dominican Ecuadorian Puerto Rican Nicaraguan Ivory Coast special blend dark roasted beans reserved at their local barista? And a Jet Boil (no fiddle factor) stove ready?

Ride, ride, ride, that's all you people are talking about!!!! Does everyone have their Dominican Ecuadorian Puerto Rican Nicaraguan Ivory Coast special blend dark roasted beans reserved at their local barista? And a Jet Boil (no fiddle factor) stove ready?
George, my Jet Boil is always at the ready

Short route is 900 miles for me. Meh, 2 fun days. Or, seeing how this is just a stones throw from Cumberland Falls...

I rode back from EOM last year and except for the last 125 miles, I did it in one shot. I would've done the entire thing except the 90 minute hold up at the border just put me down hard. Mind you, after a SS, I don't much want to get back on the bike the next day. The spirit is willing, the buttockals... not so much.

Short route is 900 miles for me. Meh, 2 fun days. Or, seeing how this is just a stones throw from Cumberland Falls...

I rode back from EOM last year and except for the last 125 miles, I did it in one shot. I would've done the entire thing except the 90 minute hold up at the border just put me down hard. Mind you, after a SS, I don't much want to get back on the bike the next day. The spirit is willing, the buttockals... not so much.
So, you went from a fence sitter, to being IN...now your out? Say it aint so

Got google Earth installed on your computer? Then try this.

Rt 16

And this is why you must go to the camp meet! This is just around the corner from Breaks!

Rt 16

And this is why you must go to the camp meet! This is just around the corner from Breaks!
I haven't gone that direction on 16. Definitely on my to do list. 16 north from Marion to Welch, WV is rightous too!

Rt 16

I haven't gone that direction on 16. Definitely on my to do list. 16 north from Marion to Welch, WV is rightous too!
Yeah, maybe we should just spend a week in the area.

If you're planning to run 16 all the way to Volney you may as well catch 58 into Damascus. THat's a great section of road!

Rt 16

Yeah, maybe we should just spend a week in the area.
I definitely see a weekend loop in my future. Head south from Waynesboro on the BRP. Camp down near the Meadows of Dan and then pick up 58 west to 16 north and then figure something from there.

Bob, Willville Motorcycle specific campground is right near MOD. I camped there once with friends who had a bike & vehicle. Will didn't even want them to pull their truck up to load their camping gear when we were leaving. THat's how bike specific it is.

& that part of 58 between MOD & Volney that you speak of is nothing to write home about. The good piece is west of Volney. Well, you probably know. You've ridden the good part of 58, haven't you?

Bob, Willville Motorcycle specific campground is right near MOD. I camped there once with friends who had a bike & vehicle. Will didn't even want them to pull their truck up to load their camping gear when we were leaving. THat's how bike specific it is.

& that part of 58 between MOD & Volney that you speak of is nothing to write home about. The good piece is west of Volney. Well, you probably know. You've ridden the good part of 58, haven't you?
Good info on the camping Heidi. I have ridden the length of 58, so yes I am familiar with it. Once you get to Volney life will be very good. Actually the BRP down in that area is nothing to write home about for a motorcycle either.