2017 Iron Butt Rally

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a Tire machine, a Darkside tire, a half used up Pirelli Angel GT in my garage. Anybody that needs them is welcome to them. I'll be on the road in the Yukon or Alaska, but my wife should be home.

For those who were asking about checkpoints, IBA just released all the information you need in the IBA Forum (in a forum accessible to all forum members). At this time, they requested that people not cross-post the specific hotel information.
START WEEKEND 6/24 - 6/25 (location is west Minneapolis)

Monday, June 26

Motorcycle Impound 8am

Rally Start 10am

CHECKPOINT 1 INFORMATION - Wednesday, June 28, 8pm - 10pm (location is in the vicinity of NW Dallas)

Penalty points accrue at 8:00:01pm

Scoring opens at 5pm

Leg 2 Bonuses distributed at 4am, June 29

CHECKPOINT 2 INFORMATION - Saturday, July 1, 8pm - 10pm (same location as Checkpoint 1)

Penalty points accrue at 8:00:01pm

Scoring opens at 5pm

Leg 3 Bonuses distributed at 4am, July 2

FINISH - Friday, July 7, (same location as start)

Penalty points accrue at 8:00:01am

Scoring opens at 5am

Finishers' Banquet 6:30pm
Mamma Lisa moved to Dallas this year so having CP1 & 2 there makes sense.
….and the "Other Lisa" (Team Strange) is in Minnesota. Hmmm… You suppose this was chance?

If wanting/needing a dealership in the area, Stadium Yamaha has always done good work for me. If you need to create a contact for them (or other arrangements) their info is:

520 W Airport Fwy, Irving, TX 75062

Phone: (972) 445-0825

Are all the participants and their rides posted yet?
Participants won't be posted until very shortly before the rally start (as in a day...maybe two before).

Bonuses they've been too may be available after the rally or the leg, but I think even in the past several that's been limited. It's the daily dispatches typically posted at the end of each rally day that has narrative about the field and details about certain riders.

Any word on a theme yet?
Once again, this information won't be posted until very close to the rally. In fact, a day or two before the rally the organizer will usually place a poster of the rally somewhere at the event and people will speculate for a couple of days until its officially announced at the riders meeting the evening before. I'd suggest waiting for that special thread I start....same thing that you saw right before the running two years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have trailer, will travel. I also have way too many shop tools available. I hope you don't need me but call if you do.

Fifty mile radius around Charlotte for the promise of a burger in the future a a hundred miles for the promice of a burger with fries.

Hammer Down Ranch also has a shower and empty bed in Harrisburg NC.

Looking forward to it, lets hope for good coverage!

Any word on a theme yet?
I don't think I am authorized to say much about the theme this year, although just knowing the theme isn't going to help anyone.

All will be learned at the traditional handing out of the Leg 1 Rallypacks...for this year: ~ 5-7pm CDT, Sunday, June 25th

Last edited by a moderator:
Great sorrow here in England, on Wednesday 14th my bike and I were due to fly to Toronto, however I've recently been diagnosed with Oesophageal Cancer so everything has had to be cancelled. So yet again I will following the rally through this great forum.

Great sorrow here in England, on Wednesday 14th my bike and I were due to fly to Toronto, however I've recently been diagnosed with Oesophageal Cancer so everything has had to be cancelled. So yet again I will following the rally through this great forum.
Here's to a speedy, full, and uneventful recovery.

Here's to a speedy, full, and uneventful recovery.
+1

Status
Not open for further replies.