• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

GPSUSPENSION.COM GROUP BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warchild

Benevolent Dictator
Reaction score
[SIZE=14pt]ANNOUNCING The FJRForum's 4th Annual Suspension Group Buy!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/SIZE]
GPSuspension Group Buy Web Site & Signup Form
The Group Buy will last two weeks, from Sep 21 - Oct 5, 2009.

Our vendor is once again GPSuspension.com, located in northwest Oregon. They are about as good as it gets. Dave Hodges, owner, is nationally recognized in professional racing as a premier Suspension Tuner. We are *extremely* fortunate to have him as our vendor.

WHAT IS OFFERED:

- Complete and total overhaul/Upgrade of our 48mm Soqi forks. New, custom-made Compression and Rebound kits, new custom GP Suspension fork springs, the whole nine yards. This will TRANSFORM the front end of your FJR to a staggering degree. Riding the bike after this Upgrade is something that has to be experienced to appreciate. This is *THE* crown jewel of this Group Buy! For the do-it-yourself folks, you can obtain new GP Suspension fork springs at killer prices.

- New Shock absorbers from Penske and Ohlins, your choice. Ohlins now has a shock for the Gen II bikes, and there are two different Penskes offered fit all model year FJRs. Shocks will be fitted with a custom spring specific to your size and riding style. How to install the Penske shock on your FJR1300.

- Complete Shock overhauls, whether you have a Ohlins, Penske, Wilbers or other shock. Those of you with a Wilbers should absolutely consider letting GPSuspension "fix" your under-sprung or otherwise spent Wilbers. Overhaul includes new suspension fluid, nitrogen re-charge, new quad seals, etc. They will measure your spring rate to ensure it is in the correct range for your riding weight.

Tasty Ohlins Shocks:

46PRCShorco.JPG

CUSTOM-MADE Compression and rebound kits, designed specifically by GPSuspension.com for the Soqi 48mm forks:

GP-FJR1300a.JPG

GP-FJR1300b.JPG

Remember, this Group Buy is for TWO WEEKS ONLY: September 21 - October 5th, 2009... so don't delay ordering, folks!

Note on LOGISTICS:

The procedure here is that GPSuspension wants you to WAIT until the Group Buy period is over, then they will contact you via the contact info you provided on the sign-up form.

If you have questions you would like answered before then, of course you can certainly call them and chat about your needs. But the processing of the GB orders will begin at the end of the GB period, Oct 5th.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright!! Thanks Warchild. Although I have already upgraded my '05 from a previous GP Group buy, I hope the same prices will apply to a shock for my Speed Triple. Was just out in the twisties this weekend and was thanking the GP suspension for a great ride.

Bill

Thanks Warchild for setting this up. I will be ordering at least the rear shock, oh which ones.....

For us suspension novices, what are the pros and cons between the Penske Model #8983 and Penske Model #8987 triple adjustable for mainly touring and some moderate canyon/twisties carving?

For us suspension novices, what are the pros and cons between the Penske Model #8983 and Penske Model #8987 triple adjustable for mainly touring and some moderate canyon/twisties carving?
The #8987 Triple Adjustable would benefit the more performance-oriented sport rider/track day rider out there. With so many adjustments available, it takes dedication to fully explore the wide range of adjustments possible to find the right combo for you/your riding style/riding environment, etc.

The #8983 model is a huge, HUGE step up in performance/quality over stock, and IIRC, still has adjustable pre-load, rebound and compression. For the touring FJR rider, this probably represents the best bang for the buck, IMO. If I was getting a shock for the FJR on this Group Buy, this would be it.

Thank you for setting up this group buy once again Warchild. I'm in to get my Wilber rebuilt once again by GP. They do GREAT WORK!

Tom

Thanks for the recommendation...

The #8987 Triple Adjustable would benefit the more performance-oriented sport rider/track day rider out there. With so many adjustments available, it takes dedication to fully explore the wide range of adjustments possible to find the right combo for you/your riding style/riding environment, etc.

The #8983 model is a huge, HUGE step up in performance/quality over stock, and IIRC, still has adjustable pre-load, rebound and compression. For the touring FJR rider, this probably represents the best bang for the buck, IMO. If I was getting a shock for the FJR on this Group Buy, this would be it.

Never know whether to curse you or thank you, WC. I do not have the funds to do this, but I have no real alternative, it seems. Come next spring, and I'm relatively certain that my '05 GB Wilburs will need a rebuild (and has long needed a little more spring). And I've coveted their front forks upgrade, so I guess I'm going to have to sell a couple extra rocks a day the next couple weeks to afford an early payment. AAAARGGGHHHH!!!

if I pay for this now, do I have to get the service done soon or can it wait until I ride out there again? (I think Frenchy did this) If I have to pay for it now, that's fine. I just want to know if I can ride out next July and get the work done :)

EDIT: just to work on the fronts; i'll probably order a penske rear as I have the original still

This is an excellent offer on a wonderful range of products. Did a ride-in (Penske rear GPS front) on my way to WFO (how else would you ever get to experience 107 degrees in Portland?) and I am a very satisfied customer. These folks really know what they are doing!

This is an excellent offer on a wonderful range of products. Did a ride-in (Penske rear GPS front) on my way to WFO (how else would you ever get to experience 107 degrees in Portland?) and I am a very satisfied customer. These folks really know what they are doing!
Yes, they do. That's why we use them for our Group Buys: they know what they are doing, stand behind their work, and this is the kind of vendor we *want* to help support and work with. GP Suspension probably has the most experience in FJR1300 suspension components of any other shop on the planet.

We are fortunate to have them.

CUSTOM-MADE Compression and rebound kits, designed specifically by GPSuspension.com for the Soqi 48mm forks:

GP-FJR1300b.JPG

Please excuse the ignorance but every single bit of that is internal isn't it? Seems a shame to hide all that beautiful work. :chickawow:

I'm in... will cobble together the $$$ and send in the form this week.

Looking at front fork rebuild, and the Penske unit.

Saw someone else ask but never saw response: does this price apply if we do a ride-in next spring for the work, or do we send the forks out and get them back over the winter? Or should I be calling GP to ask that question?

Thanks again Mr Warchild... this is a great benefit to the FJR community.

Griff

Please excuse the ignorance but every single bit of that is internal isn't it? Seems a shame to hide all that beautiful work. :chickawow:
You are spot on there meosborn. That is machinist's pr0n right there. :dribble:

Wish I could afford it 'cause I really really need it. :blink:

I have had several PM's asking about the new fork springs this year.

GP Suspension wanted to have a little more oversight in the Quality Control of the spring manufacturing process. Eibach is located in Los Angeles and getting quick turnaround times was another issue that lead GP Suspension to look at fabricating their own fork springs locally.

They are straight rate springs, made from high tensile chrome silicon steel, shot-peened and set to "zero height" to eliminate sagging over time.