2007 SW-FOG 5/31-6/3 2007

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A reminder and a request:

Reminder: Dinner and raffle on Thursday 5/31 is at 6pm at Applebee's on Lomas just east of Eubank (within walking distance to hotels). Look for us on the patio on the east side of the restaurant.

Request: Please email me back channel reidhester at lobo dot net the following so I can make up name tags:

Name

Forum username

Location (City, State)

Yr FJR. If other bike please specify year and model

Thanks and look forward to seeing/riding with you all.

I am giving this some serious thought. The ride from Tulsa to Albuquerque is going to be boring, at least if I take 40 all the way. The only other route that comes to mind is take 412 through the OK panhandle and then drop down 25 to Albuquerque. 25 through Sant Fe might be visually stimulating.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am giving this some serious thought. The ride from Tulsa to Albuquerque is going to be boring, at least if I take 40 all the way. The only other route that comes to mind is take 412 through the OK panhandle and then drop down 25 to Albuquerque. 25 through Sant Fe might be visually stimulating.
I can't speak to 412 but if you've got the time and are coming into NM around Raton you might consider continuing west into the mountains then coming down from the Taos area via the high road to/from Taos. That's some spectacular riding. Check our our SW-FOG web site for the route to/from Taos/Albuquerque.

Forgot to remind everyone that the discounted room reservations at the Kachina Lodge in Taos will be released 5/15. They've given us a block of up to 40 rooms and I'll hear tomorrow how many have been reserved. If you wait too long though you could miss out on the discounted room rate $69 (single or double). And Taos starts getting busy with summer tourists around then too.

I enjoyed a break from I-40 last summer by continuing south through Elk City, OK (coming from Nebraska) to 203 west into TX, then 256 and 86 over to Clovis and 60 through NM over to Mtn. Air. North to I-40 or west to I-25 from Mtn. Air are both interesting but I'd say north is more fun to the mile. Not a lot accross OK and TX but I enjoyed this route more than expected through rolling farm land, past some interesting land formations, and a stretch of canyon in TX - and a it's a major improvement over droning down I-40, I thought.

If you do come through Mountainair and are hungry, consider the excellent restaurant at the newly restored Shaffer Hotel (the only in town). The ride up from Mountainair to I-40 is really quite pretty. Just watch out for the LEOs when you head down 14 into the canyon (great sweepers) to Tijeras. It should be OK on a Thursday but they really patrol that road on the weekends because it's such a hoot to take at speed :yahoo: Radar detectors do help here.

Hi all,

I've had a number of requests to delay the raffle until Friday night to allow some riders who'll be joining us in Taos on Friday night to participate. Initially I didn't want to do this because I didn't want to haul all the "goodies" up to Taos. In looking over the raffle booty though there's more than a few gift certificates and items easily transported. So here's what I'll do:

Thursday eve at dinner I'll do raffle off the items that are too bulky for me to bring up to Taos on Thursday night (helmet, Garauld's rack, etc.) and bring those items I can and the gift certificates and then continue the raffle on Friday night. How's that?

That sounds like a good idea. I will have some extra "storage space" if you do need to transport anything.

Is it time yet? Is it time yet? Is it time yet? :crazy:

OK, some of you who will meet up with us in Taos have asked that the raffle for the FJR farkles be delayed till then. So I've decided to honor your requests and move the raffle to Friday night at the Kachina. I may need some help carrying all this booty up to Taos though and will bring what I can't carry to the dinner Thurs. eve.

Weather permitting we'll be on the patio at 6pm. The raffle will start at 6:30. Dinner will be an order off the menu affair at 7pm. If it's raining they'll put us in a private room for our shindig. So if you don't see us outside and the weather's bad, ask where the SW-FOG dinner is.

Just canceled my reservations in Alb'g and Taos.

Father-in-law still not doing well after his surgery and I better plan to stick around for the next 2 or 3 weeks.

Maybe next year. Don't you guys try to keep up with petey.

B)

Just canceled my reservations in Alb'g and Taos.
Father-in-law still not doing well after his surgery and I better plan to stick around for the next 2 or 3 weeks.

Maybe next year. Don't you guys try to keep up with petey.

B)
Please give him our best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Hi all,

I'd like to have the raffle for all the FJR goodies on Friday night (raffle starts at 6:30 dinner at 7 on the patio, weather permitting) up in Taos. The only problem is that I don't have enough space to carry all the stuff AND my own gear. If you'll be in Abq Thursday eve for the kickoff dinner would you be able to carry from Abq to Taos one or more of the following?

A small size Bell helmet

Garauld's rear rack

Some coffe cups, t-shirts, pens, and hats

If you can carry some of this booty up to Taos, please email me back channel and let me know. If I can't get some riders to carry some of this stuff I'll have to split the raffle and raffle these items off Thursday eve. Thanks!

I should have room for some of the stuff. I'm riding solo
Would you have room for a small full face Bell helmet? Also, I haven't received an email from you so I can make up a name tag for you. I need your real name, username, where you're from, and year/model of FJR (or other bike). Thanks.