2010 Yamaha FJR Intro

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paint on the 2010 FJR....

10SPBK_FJR1300A_Sil_A1_195_5296f0ff.jpg
Hey, that looks just like my 07 AE...cept it's got that damn ugly thing hangin off in front of the left grip.

So.... can anyone properly determine the difference between 2009 and 2010 bikes (excepting colour)?

More stock farkles? More power? Suspension? Seat? Sex toy? Oops, never mind that last one. :rolleyes:

By the way, another thing to consider is that it looks like the 10 won't be available until February. At that point, we are only 7 months from the '11s being introduced. I'd shoot myself if I buy a 10 in Feb-March and six months later they make significant changes.
The release date of the new FJR has varied almost every year since it's release. It's only in '07 to '09 that was it was within a month of November of the year. In fact, '04 and '05 ordering was in February during the PDP program.

More stock farkles? More power? Suspension? Seat? Sex toy? Oops, never mind that last one. :rolleyes:
No apparent changes other than color and price. All detailed in the updated FJR Model Comparison Matrix.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is going to make for a tough decision. As much as I like the FJR (I like it a lot!), I'm not sure I want to invest in another that is the same is what I have. Yet I really want a new bike this year. I'm going to seriously consider the BMW K1300S. And the price increase on the FJR is putting it much closer to the BMW, especially considering that the BMW has some truly useful features available from the factory.
Tough choice ahead! DAMN you Yamaha!
I'm in the same boat. I was really hoping for a new gen.

Maybe we could do a group buy on the beemer?

I really doubt it is the end of the AE or the FJR. I suspect this is the start of V3 coming down the road. Look what Honda is doing https://www.motorcycle-usa.com/1/4530/Motor...ke-Tranny-.aspx I am sure it we see it on a new ST and I suspect Yamaha is working on the same thing. I think 2010 due to the economy sucking , is mainly to reduce inventory, and to make up for mistakes. The release of the V-Max after the fuel price spike in 2008 ? How much did they spend on that in R&D? I suspect it with the V-Star , was to be the cash cows and '09 with sales crashing the worst in the cruiser market caused a step back.

This is going to make for a tough decision. As much as I like the FJR (I like it a lot!), I'm not sure I want to invest in another that is the same is what I have. Yet I really want a new bike this year. I'm going to seriously consider the BMW K1300S. And the price increase on the FJR is putting it much closer to the BMW, especially considering that the BMW has some truly useful features available from the factory.

Same here. My checkbook was waiting for a new model.

Just got back from the meeting and you guys are right on already. NO change except liquid silver color and c'ya AE. In the sportbike genre there will be a Rossi R1 and the FZ6 is history...only the 6r will be available. Thats it. Very insignificant offerings in the other classes as well except the redesigned 450 MXer...which should be sweet. Don't get your hopes up already for the all new 2011's models either.

Silver is fine with me. I really did not expect any major changes...nor any minor ones really. I got my Cobalt Blue 2006 and likely will be keeping for several more years before even thinking about replacing it..

And as much as I do love my blue 06...I have to admit the very first FJR I saw was a Silver 03...and it was love at first site, So I think it is really cool that they have a Silver Gen II A model now. The 09 being black ...again...was more of a dissapointment to me.

It's a shame about no AE however. I doubt I would ever want one, but I thought it was very commendable for Yamaha to come out with that technology for the 3 years they offered it.

I do not think Yamaha will abandon the ST market , they might drop the FJR1300 in the future, but I am pretty sure they would do that only if they were coming out with a new replacement model.

I know quite a few cruiser riders that are seriously condering a ST bike, so the market may be small but not dying.

KM

Boring. Disappointing. Was really hoping to see even something as simple as a new color this year. A next gen bike would've been really interesting, too, though not sure I would've considered buying the first of a new generation bike anyhow while they were working out the kinks.

I wish they would've added some more colors, especially for the AE, which is obviously not in production this year. Now I'm thinking of buying an older AE or maybe the Black Cherry.

Same here. My checkbook was waiting for a new model.
I realize this is going to open a 55-gallon barrel of worms, but I'm really eager to hear what it is that everyone is (or was) expecting out of a new Gen III bike..? What deficiencies in the current model is a new model supposed to address? (and if anyone says a 6-speed gearbox or bigger engine, I may have to flash you one of these: :finger: )

Do those of you saying that Yamaha's failure to introduce a new model has forced you to consider a BMW realize that a '09 K1300S or GT is $4k - $8k more expensive than an '09 FJR at full MSRP? That's a lot of accessories, gas and hotel nights... And just think: carry-over '08s are now selling for ~$11k. At that price, you'll have even saved enough money to paint it red!

I realize this is going to open a 55-gallon barrel of worms, but I'm really eager to hear what it is that everyone is (or was) expecting out of a new Gen III bike..? What deficiencies in the current model is a new model supposed to address? (and if anyone says a 6-speed gearbox or bigger engine, I may have to flash you one of these: :finger: )
How about some kind of anti-crash system?

Who says there won't be an AE for the USA? Yamaha Canada is a separate company from Yamaha USA. Perhaps they just decided that IN CANADA the AE didn't sell well enough to justify bringing it in

Wait and see what they do south of the 49th parallel before throwing in the towel.

Edit: Oh, I see that Yammy USA also announced and they too don't have the AE. This thread only referenced the Canadian model intro.

Maybe something with a V-4 engine derived from the V-Max? Vrrrrrmmm.