2013 Hooterville/Arkansas - October 3-6

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm most likely out.
ohwell.gif
Don't think the missus is ready for me to take a multiday trip yet.
I may try and get down to Farmington on Friday and ride with you guys until lunch or so. Baby steps, ya know.
As the day gets closer I may wanna give you a call...if I have time, I may wanna stop by and visit on the way down. You know, just in case you weenie out and don't wanna come out and play.

Sorry you can't make the ride, but totally understand. Really. Just want to make sure we get a chance to visit...plus, on Friday, I don't want to get stuck behind you in the gravel pit again on the way to Potosi. :D

There is always next year Will, take care buddy
Thanks, and that's what I'm thinking.

As the day gets closer I may wanna give you a call...if I have time, I may wanna stop by and visit on the way down. You know, just in case you weenie out and don't wanna come out and play.
Sorry you can't make the ride, but totally understand. Really. Just want to make sure we get a chance to visit...plus, on Friday, I don't want to get stuck behind you in the gravel pit again on the way to Potosi.
biggrin.png
That'd be great. You and anyone else are more than welcome to swing on by.

Last edited by a moderator:
DEFINITELY...... a maybe. Sounds like a great time. Is this like tight formation 30 mph of the speed limit and grip it and rip it or is it somewhat casual. Considering I'm an old man ...need to know these things. How many coming from the Chicago area?

Yowzer that's like a ten hour ride back home...need to get cruise for sure or my hand will fall off. Unless this issue I have been having isn't carpal tunnel syndrome. Just appeared out of no where since I feel backwards ion my wrist

Last edited by a moderator:
On these rides, like all other informal rides, everybody rides their own ride and pace with lots of spacing, or I'm not involved. The only people I know who ride close together have ridden with each other for years...and decide to do that in spite of the risk.

If someone's on my ass, I wave them around.

Everybody rides their own pace, or someone crashes...damhik.

I'm a safety nazi on my pre-ride speeches, but I have a little hooligan in me now and then, but I like to get back home without aid of a rental car or ambulance or helicopter.

I'm a safety nazi on my pre-ride speeches, but I have a little hooligan in me now and then, but I like to get back home without aid of a rental car or ambulance or helicopter.
Have to agree with that .....previous life cop turned rogue custom bike shop owner ....so yes a little hooligan also. 2000 built R1 Custom Ultra Classic (built 103) and now my touring bike FJR

Thanks for the reply ...how many leaving or meeting up in the Chicago area?

I can't make the whole ride, but I'll see if I can get to Clinton Friday night. I could ride most of the day Saturday and get back home.

'nuther question. Does the group break up into smaller groups, or does everyone go at once?

Just bring your riding pants...don't be trailerin that thing down now!
biggrin.png
Considering I was able to do 965 miles in 17 hours straight back from SW-FOG on the S-10, I don't think that will be necessary.

Actually, I'm thinking about just riding my Wee Strom just so you won't have a problem with keep up with me.
no.gif

Furthers I've driven on the Ultra was 657 ea way from New Lenox, IL to Fargo ND grabbed a burger and came back. Left at like 5:30 am and was in bed by 2:00 am. Last 6 hrs or so was light misty rain and cold. I think my left hand was numb for 3-5 days alter even with cruise.

Sorry FNG ...my mail spazzed out and sent you like 7 replies. Not sure what going on system is like very slow.

speaking of riding your own bike at your pace its always good to keep in mind that while in the national forest area south of Jasper and west of Clinton that cell phone coverage is spotty at best and non-existent in a lot of places.

So if you were to crash, it could take crucial hours to notify help and for them to arrive.

'nuther question. Does the group break up into smaller groups, or does everyone go at once?
Depending on how many people show up, it usually gets broken up into smaller groups by ride pace.

No matter what group you end up in, it's always your responsibility to ride your own ride.

I'm out. Work bit me in the ass again! If anything I may be able to come down saturday and meet you guys on the route somewhere.

OK. The attendee list has been updated. Let me know if I need to correct it as of today. POST #1

I put a couple people in the Maybe list just in case (Builderwill). Ya never know.

Be sure to get those reservations made. This is going to be fun!

Well after much negotiating
argue.gif
... I lost & sadly will not be attending this years "Hoot".
angry01.gif

Have a safe trip everyone & let the ridicule begin. See everyone next year....I hope.