2015 Black Hills FJR Roundup 25-28 June 2015

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like I won't be making it to Spearfish.
banghead.gif
I echo what Tyler asked.. what happened? I was looking forward to seeing and riding with you again. Bummer
upset.gif

Whatever it is, sorry you can't make it.

I have twenty hours of work left before I hit the road.... two day shifts... this week is DRAGGING by, and then I am sure the weekend will FLY by.

This guy was at the entrance to West Glacier today. He was from Wichita KS. Chinese built 50cc scooter. [img=[URL="https://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss186/trishandj/C475ECF3-7340-47AE-B254-617B66531C0B-8290-000008A4F9D80B57_zpsfklyeler.jpg%5D"]https://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss186/trishandj/C475ECF3-7340-47AE-B254-617B66531C0B-8290-000008A4F9D80B57_zpsfklyeler.jpg][/URL]

That guy was on the way out when we were going in this morning. You must have been just a little behind us. We made it to Lewistown in spite of construction and dirt roads. I just figured out I'm a couple days ahead of schedule so I'm doing Beartooth and Chief Joseph tomorrow

This guy was at the entrance to West Glacier today. He was from Wichita KS. Chinese built 50cc scooter. [img=]https://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss186/trishandj/C475ECF3-7340-47AE-B254-617B66531C0B-8290-000008A4F9D80B57_zpsfklyeler.jpg]
That guy was on the way out when we were going in this morning. You must have been just a little behind us. We made it to Lewistown in spite of construction and dirt roads. I just figured out I'm a couple days ahead of schedule so I'm doing Beartooth and Chief Joseph tomorrow
Ray- which direction you going? We must have been ahead of you this morning through the park. Dodged road construction and put up with a bit of wind in the afternoon.

The PNW gang will be in Columbus tomorrow nite. If you're close, call. You have my number.

--G

Looks like I won't be making it to Spearfish.
banghead.gif
I echo what Tyler asked.. what happened? I was looking forward to seeing and riding with you again. Bummer
upset.gif

Whatever it is, sorry you can't make it.

I have twenty hours of work left before I hit the road.... two day shifts... this week is DRAGGING by, and then I am sure the weekend will FLY by.
I developed an eye infection and the Doc has me on two types of eye drops and heat pack applications. I need to do this for about a week.

I am sorry I have to miss the ride and I'll miss seeing and riding with you as well.

The '08 is like the little girl all dressed up with no place to go.

New fork oil, clutch and brake fluids, oil and filter, final drive serviced, windshield slides lubed, new headlight bulbs and new Bridgestone T 30s.

Heck, I even had the GPS programmed.

Thank you for your concern, stay safe and have fun, we will do this again.

Did beartooth and chief Joseph today and we are holed up in Billings. Beartooth on a wing pulling a trailer is a workout. Little big horn tomorrow and on to Spearfish. I called them and got my room a day early.

You over achiever. I'm still cba'ng my way there.. Might miss the whole freaking event at this rate....

I'm still cba'ng my way there.. Might miss the whole freaking event at this rate....
Take the tutu off, put on a pair of riding pants and try twisting that thing on the right handlebar harder.

That's the same advice I gave Tom before the water crossing at FODS and look how well that turned out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still cba'ng my way there.. Might miss the whole freaking event at this rate....
Take the tutu off, put on a pair of riding pants and try twisting that thing on the right handlebar harder.

That's the same advice I gave Tom before the water crossing at FODS and look how well that turned out.
But YOU gave me that tutu! ...and I HAVE been twisting the throttle, hard.. just on little 2 lane twisties... :)

is crazy jack and Mike keeping pace?

Looks like a boatload of fun, wishing I was there with you all instead of nursing my shoulder. More pix please.

Crumpadump, fadlevic and I are heading out this morning ait 7:15am and plan to spend the night a bit northwest of Omaha, NE then continue to Spearfish Thursday morning. We will see everyone tomorrow around 6-7pm at Bells!

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad everyone is making their way there. I am at work now,
angry01.gif
But will be on my way in about 10 hours.... wooo hoooo!
rockwoot.gif

Glad everyone is making their way there. I am at work now,
angry01.gif
But will be on my way in about 10 hours.... wooo hoooo!
rockwoot.gif
I'm flying out tonight to Gillette, WY and picking up a Spyder rental tomorrow morning (many thanks again, Big John, for setting that up! B) ) and then headed to Spearfish probably via Devils Tower. Really looking forward to this!!! :D

Spent the night in a Yellowstone tent cabin. Big problem--I've got two days to make it to Spearfish, and it's a one day ride. Looks like I'll be forced to take both the Chief Joseph AND the Beartooth, and then see what else I can find around here. See you tomorrow!

Spent the night in a Yellowstone tent cabin. Big problem--I've got two days to make it to Spearfish, and it's a one day ride. Looks like I'll be forced to take both the Chief Joseph AND the Beartooth, and then see what else I can find around here. See you tomorrow!
I only wish I had those kinda problems Mike

Latest posts