Alpine White FJR1300

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool! Needs a smaller stripe on the bag (or at least a dog ride'n in it!) :coolsmiley02:

Last edited by a moderator:
Good job, I like the stripe and the white color accomplished your goal of more visibility.

I generally don't care for white, but I like it on your FJR.

I think it looks great. Also like the stripe, adds some character and personalizes it. Good job :clapping: :clapping:

Gorgeous!!! Thanks for sharing the pics... what does it cost to get it painted?

It cost $1,200 including the top case. All I did was drop off the bike and it was disassembled and painted piece by piece. Other shops quoted me less if I brought all the Tupperware, tank and bags in.

I don't care what it costs, boys. I Love it!

liberace-LotImg15176.jpg

I like and usually don't on stripes but with all that white going on you needed something to break it up. Good job.

Now go out and get one of those White half helmets with the black visor and you will be our official "Mr. Po-Po Officer"

Did you consider traffic-cone orange? Hi-vis green or yellow?

It looks good. I think we need to have a contest to name it.

My vote: "Vanilla Ice"

Had a schoolhood friend Billy Knight and he owned a white Camaro so his car naturally was called the "White Knight"

So maybe a tie-in to the owner somehow? Like if he was from lower Bronx his bike might be the Harlem Honky :eek:

Had a schoolhood friend Billy Knight and he owned a white Camaro so his car naturally was called the "White Knight"

So maybe a tie-in to the owner somehow? Like if he was from lower Bronx his bike might be the Harlem Honky :eek:

He's in Hawaii, so how about "Pineapple Express"?

Did you consider traffic-cone orange? Hi-vis green or yellow?

It looks good. I think we need to have a contest to name it.

My vote: "Vanilla Ice"

Sure did but I figured at some point if I decided to sell it I didn't want to have to pay for another paint job :unsure:

And I grew around that one hit wonder but it not getting my vote

I don't care what it costs, boys. I Love it!

liberace-LotImg15176.jpg
Classic! :p

I haven't posted in awhile and figured I should share what I've been up to lately. Well I decided to paint my bike white in order to increase the visibility of my bike on the road. I also added a Sargent seat which is by far the most comfortable seat I've had so far. I also added the set of FZ-1 mirrors while the bike was apart. Best upgrade so far! Hope you enjoy the pictures!

IMG_1643.jpg

IMG_1641.jpg
Two thumbs up from me, polka dots and all! Great looking bike. I am a fan of Yamaha's triple trident logo badge that used to be on the tank, I would have kept that. I am also a fan of lane splitting. Do the FZ1 mirrors increase the width of the bike at the mirror location?

I was quoted $45 for EACH tank logo! That's why they arent there. The width is much wider and it's illegal to split lanes here so it's no problem for me. They fold up a lot tighter than the stock ones however.

Nice!!

Did that blackened windshield come like that or did you paint it?