EOM 2016 - Registration and Info Update

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very much looking forward to it!
Just stay away from the mason jars, that are sure to be present, and you'll do fine.
biggrin.png
Where is that picture of Joe? That is a classic, in fact it should be made into a shirt with a caption!

You make me laugh Joe!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is my 1st EOM. I don't know if or how rides are organized. I don't own a GPS. Am I on my own? If so I'll plan accordingly.
I'm in the same boat, but have a GPS. I'm sure someone will let us tag along, and if not, I'll lead a small group.
I was wondering the same thing. My first OEM. Riding solo down and back and would like to ride with a few others while there.

Would rather not lead, but can if no one else steps up for a medium paced ride.

Good to see folks making this their first FJR gathering. EOM 2008 was our first. We didn't know a damn person when we got there. One of the first folks we met was none other than the perfessor himself, ionbeam.

Then we met spencer. And scab. And jagermeister. And jwilly. And ... And ... You get the idea.

So this will be our 9th EOM, including EOM as NAFO in 2010.

That first one for us, in 2008, really resonates with us. We'd just lost TwoWheelNut so we signed the sign that Carver has at the HondaRosa, and earlier in 2008, Jordan, TheAxeman's son, was killed in action and, somehow, extrememarine and his wife managed to rig the 50/50 drawing without TheAxeman knowing... Yeah, there is a reason why we keep coming back.

And, yeah - last year, when Don and Donna were there...

Except for the Geek. He'll just get you drunk and point you towards violent bookcases.
Oh shut the puck up.

Mr Peabody... let's turn back the way back machine, shall we?

I bought my (lightly used) 2005 FJR late in '06. The first time we had ever even gone on any sort of a "group motorcycle ride" was a local one (Covered Bridges of NH) in the fall of 2008. The following summer of 2009 we were lucky enough to be invited to the inaugural (and by invitation only) Greens and Whites ride out of West Lebanon, NH.

During that ride I met Art (RoadRunner) and we made a plan to attend EOM in Lewisburg, West Virginia the following month. So, my first EOM was the same one as Biker Geek and Sooze, and it was a really good one. A benchmark of future EOMs, IMO.

It was a bit intimidating for me, because it was mostly a bunch of damn sutherners, but there were also a few familiar faces from up north, and Art and I managed to hook up with a great little ride group for our Friday ride that year just by networking around with half drunken people the night before.

Funny thing in retrospect is, when you ride with anyone for just one dayy, they become your steadfast friend for life. I like that, and I consider all the riders from that day, and all rides since, that way.

The next EOM for us this time (Josie joined me) was NAFO / EOM Knoxville, and quite honestly, that one was a bit oif a drag. The venue wasn't conducive to parking lot socials, and finding people was not easy. Plus the weather sucked very moist ass cheese. The dinner and socializing that night was fine, but we felt... disconnected.

OTOH, EOM 2011 in Cumberland Gap was a great time. Now that we had been into group riding at home for a while, it was all a little less anxious. We did go out with a really big group (in the rain) for the Blue Grass / distillery tour, but none of us would have been ripping up any pavement that day anyway. So not all giant group rides are bad.

The following day was a little more "spirited", but I'm not naming names or telling tales on that one, and nobody got hurt. It was a really good time overall in KY, but... for whatever reason, we haven't been to an EOM since then.

We launched an "EOM like" event in the northeast (FJR NERDS) to try and get some of the other locals more FJR involved, and we did that (lots of NERDS are going to be at EOM this year), and also attended a few CFRs with the blue blood Canucks to our north in the interim, but it's been a long time coming for us to get back to the grassroots of eastern FJR groups on those pristine roads down south.

Really looking forward to seeing all of you mooks next Friday, shaking some hands, hopefully making some new friends and seeing some old ones. But, a couple of us will be out sniffing some flowers on the way down, running the Skyline Drive and the Blue Ridge Parkway starting next Tuesday AM. We shopuld be well rested for the Friday night parking lot social. Fingers crossed to beat the EOM weather stigma this year (last completely clear weekend was back in 2009!

Ride safely, y'all, and we'll see ya'll down there!

(who the fuck is this guy y'all anyway?)

All y'all, that's who!

Shoot, Virginia is a good ways north for usens.

We're a-fixin ta ride NC80, Roan Mtn, Snake country, Rt 58 and 16 just on the way up. Looking forward to greeting FJR riders I haven't seen in years...

Damn Joe, you're a good sport about it.

Gave the wife my laptop, why do I have a picture of Joe on the screen ?

Told her it must be permanent.

Need a break, been a trying month.

TMI

Pain med induced EOM dream. 10 ft sand dunes with BikerGeek making sand paddles out of beer cans for his FJR.

Screws might have been a little long?

Pain med induced EOM dream. 10 ft sand dunes with BikerGeek making sand paddles out of beer cans for his FJR.Screws might have been a little long?
There is something wrong with you.

Seriously, seriously, wrong with you.

But that's not new news.

JSNS

It's always something:

A leak has caused the closure of a crucial pipeline that carries gasoline to the eastern United States, a disruption that threatens to drive up prices and leave service stations without fuel to sell.

A section of the Colonial Pipeline, which runs from Houston to New York, has been closed since Sept. 9 after a spill of roughly 6,000 barrels of gasoline was discovered in rural Shelby County, Ala. The major pipeline, one pipe of which has been severed, provides gasoline for an estimated 50 million people on the East Coast each day, according to company estimates.

The pipeline's operator has said full service will not be restored until at least next week. The closure has set off an industry-wide scramble as suppliers seek alternative ways to transport gasoline to the East Coast. Already, ships have been dispatched to carry fuel from Texas to New York as part of the effort.

The pipeline operator said that based on its current projections, parts of Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, North Carolina and South Carolina will be the first markets to suffer potential disruptions in supply.

The governors of Alabama and Georgia have already declared states of emergency. And the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has sought to ease supply shortages by relaxing limits on the blend of gasoline that can be used across 18 counties in Georgia and Tennessee.

Patrick DeHaan, an analyst at GasBuddy.com, said that over the next week, gas prices could spike by as much as 15 cents per gallon in Georgia, North Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia, and by as much as 20 cents per gallon in South Carolina.

Some service stations could run out entirely, he added.

Mansfield Oil, a fuel distributor, has warned its customers to take fuel savings measures and to place their orders early. The company said the supply of gasoline is currently very thin along the closed pipeline, and that it was trucking in supplies from the coast to meet demand

Well, of COURSE! It had just been announced that prices would decline due to the Winter Blend now being distributed. CAN'T HAVE THAT!

250,000 gallons of gasoline leaked into the countryside... that's going to cause a huge swath of death and pollution. Horrible.

250,000 gallons of gasoline leaked into the countryside... that's going to cause a huge swath of death and pollution. Horrible.
Not the kind of news we need in North Dakota this week with all the environmentalist wackos and protesters fighting to keep a new pipeline from crossing the Missouri river.