Gathering of the Clans 2016 - October 7 through 9

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for making all the 'Clan arrangements Tyler!

Great ride yesterday on the backroads with the nice moderate pace, it was good to slo-down and enjoy the scenery...j/k!!

Departure is delayed a bit this morning with Jim's night, but things are looking up so we're about ready to skip town.

--G

Rolled in the driveway about 1:00 PM. Had plenty of time to unpack and wash the bike and trailer. Big thanks to Miss T for setting things up
smile.png
. Can't comment on the food cause I couldn't have any but after surgery tomorrow I work on catching up.
punk.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey gang I was ill last night with diarrhea and vomiting. Pretty well cleaned out now and I am on the mend. Did any one else get sick?
Well that's a bummer, Jim... I didn't have any ill effects and no one mentioned anything at breakfast this morning... hope you're feeling better!

Thanks Tyler! We appreciate all the work you put in for this. We had a great day riding with you, JIm and George.
What are you talking about?? It was a horrible day... perfect weather, good friends, clear roads with no traffic... terrible, I tell ya... ;)

Just a BIG thank you to Tyler! The hotel was nice, the dinner last night was very tasty (bummer Fontannaman, I'm fine ) and the people were the best. Had a great day yesterday with Tom and Sam riding 96 in perfect fall weather. Even went into Petey mode blasting down I-5 on the way back yesterday. Good times indeed.
You went into Petey mode in the parking lot before you left! :lol:

Thanks for making all the 'Clan arrangements Tyler!
Great ride yesterday on the backroads with the nice moderate pace, it was good to slo-down and enjoy the scenery...j/k!!

Departure is delayed a bit this morning with Jim's night, but things are looking up so we're about ready to skip town.

--G
Great to see you, G... you guys did okay with the moderate pace thing... for a while... ;) Hope your ride back home goes smoothly!! :wub:

A great weekend - thanks for all the planning Tyler.

Hotel and staff -- real good.

Meeting old friends -- really great.

Met some new peeps - always a plus.

A pleasant and scenic ride to Burney Falls and the Lava Tubes on Saturday with our Buds -- can't get better than that
smile.png

Being forced onto the hard shoulder of I-5, Sunday morning, at 80mph by an SUV who's driver was on her fooking cell phone --- carried right on into our lane as we accelerated out of her stupid way !! -- not fun on those rumble strips
not_i.gif
NOT -- a plus.

Closest we've been to being broadsided in a long while
uhoh.gif

My fault for being on the same freeway as her !

This whole thread BLA BLA BLA… Where are the pictures? Did this event even take place?Manipulated SPOT tracking and the whole event was an internet con job?

No pics… It did not happen !
I know there are pictures out there but I didn't even take a camera. I'm sure somebody will post some up soon.

Yeah I took some photos... yeah I'll post some up... soon-ish... I'm so far behind on photos... I need to win the lottery so I can stay home and do this stuff full time!! :lol:

Safely back at my Washington shack, ending up thirty miles short of 3000 for Fontanaman's and my 10 day Cali adventure.

Need to sort through pics and add a few...really!

--G

Thanks to Tyler for setting this up. It was great to meet the group and look forward to seeing you-all and many more in Yosemite next year.

We headed out to Eureka on Sunday, then to Fort Bragg via Mattole road out of Ferndale. I don't recommend it! It looks great on the map, with lots of twisties. However, the pavement (where it is) is definitely gnarly! We also ran into a few stretches where the pavement was gone, replaced by a mix of various sized rocks, up to baseball size. The FJR is a great bike, but is definitely not a dual-sport. The air in the area was filled with the stench of maturing pot plants and every little town was overrun with "trimmigrants." However, "that which doesn't kill you makes you strong" and riding skills improved for both of us.

We both look forward to attending more FJR get-togethers.

Murray & Theresa

It was great to meet you and Theresa, glad you were there.

I have ridden Mattole road a bunch of times with a FJR, FZ1 and my Supermoto. Loose a few teeth every ride and I doubt my Wing will eve see that road. Someday I need to ride my KLR over there, that's a much better bike for those roads.

The stretch along the coast with the cows is mighty nice and makes the bumpy journey worth it.