YFO 2017 - Yosemite and Beyond - June 1-3, 2017

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Home safe. 810 miles today.

The trip By the numbers:

16 days

6322 miles

1 speeding ticket

Approximately 1 million dead bugs

9 new beers

2.5 pounds gained (good beer)

8 states visited

Low temp 42 deg

High temp 105 deg

Number of smiles..... unlimited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Home safe. 810 miles today.The trip By the numbers:

16 days

6322 miles

1 performance award

Approximately 1 million dead bugs

9 new beers

2.5 pounds gained (good beer)

8 states visited

Low temp 42 deg

High temp 105 deg

Number of smiles..... unlimited.
Fixed it for you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, all. After 22 days of riding Glen (senecahome) and Ed (Castle) are back home. Total was about 8200 miles. A once in a lifetime trip for me. A great time at YFO and good riding with only a few times of any significant rain. In case anyone wonders, it is a loooooog way across Montana and S. Dakota !!

Oh, Ed killed at least 2 million bugs.

You all ride safe -- Glen

Found this picture posted on Reddit by a tourist. Might be Don with two other FJR's and a Harley?
Yosemite_zpselq4nqqd.jpg
This is an AWESOME picture!!

I need to figure out how to get a copy of that picture, one of the few I could show my wife when I was behaving!
I was gonna say, not one rider with their knee scraping the tarmac. ;) Of course how can you blame anyone with that view!!

Sometimes when I'm up front it's hard to slow down, we had another one of those moments when we walked Cheatham Grove. I thank the man above for every time I slow down to look around.

Anyone who runs 36 between Red Bluff and Fortuna needs to find and walk Cheatham Grove.

That would be on Glacier Point Road near Washburn Point near the end of the road. It's spiritual, man. Amazingly spiritual.