YFO 2017 - Yosemite and Beyond - June 1-3, 2017

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Panman [Kevin], Curly Joe [Rich] and I are home. Minn. Jeff should be home in about an hour. He and a nail killed a rear tire outside of Salem, OR. Harley shop changed the tire and also replaced a bad bearing and sent him on his way.

Twas awesome. The best pie that I have had in a long time, even after it's ride down Hwy 49. Thanks Gregory and yes you did marry up.

Tyler, you know, I don't have to say anything, it was awesome.

Sac Mike, well done.

So cool to meet them southern fellows and the man. And that 71 years old and just kick the heck out of life. And pants can't dance, just saying.

7 Days of awesome roads and people, what could be better.

Us PNwet folks say "THANKS!"

Panman [Kevin], Curly Joe [Rich] and I are home. Minn. Jeff should be home in about an hour. He and a nail killed a rear tire outside of Salem, OR. Harley shop changed the tire and also replaced a bad bearing and sent him on his way.
Twas awesome. The best pie that I have had in a long time, even after it's ride down Hwy 49. Thanks Gregory and yes you did marry up.

Tyler, you know, I don't have to say anything, it was awesome.

Sac Mike, well done.

So cool to meet them southern fellows and the man. And that 71 years old and just kick the heck out of life. And pants can't dance, just saying.

7 Days of awesome roads and people, what could be better.

Us PNwet folks say "THANKS!"
Gunny Pops.

Good run down and back nice seeing old friends and meeting new ones.

As usual I get as many miles as I can in with my garage pass, yesterday was 495 miles with the weeks total being about 2880. If we would have slabbed it down it would have been about 2,000. We found as many twisty's as we could.

Getting up at 3:30 this morning sucked.

Stayed at Bug's house Sunday night and then headed out for two weeks on the road with festar in tow. In Oregon now, Washington tomorrow, hoping to hook up with some of the PNW crew on Saturday.

Thank you to everyone who came along to Yosemite and made it so very special. Maybe we'll do it again next year but in the fall. B)

Let us know what you have on your mind, Sat in the AM I have a previous App till about Ten with my investment gal.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Tyler" data-cid="1367881" data-time="1496858941"><p>

Stayed at Bug's house Sunday night and then headed out for two weeks on the road with festar in tow. In Oregon now, Washington tomorrow, hoping to hook up with some of the PNW crew on Saturday. <br />

<br />

Thank you to everyone who came along to Yosemite and made it so very special. Maybe we'll do it again next year but in the fall. B) </p></blockquote

Hi Tyler,. Was that you behind us on 101 Yachats where we waited for the road paving?? Ed was there and my two friend in front. Probably hit Washington State today. Glen.

And thanks for coordinating such a great gathering!!!

Thank you to everyone who came along to Yosemite and made it so very special. Maybe we'll do it again next year but in the fall.
cool.png
Fall in Yosemite is pretty gorgeous. Cooler and emptier. Just sayin'

As a FNG, I had a great time making lots of new friends and putting some Yosemite dust on my bike!

Seeing the farkle options in person and getting first hand comments will accelerate the wallet drain
thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Tyler, you did a great job of organizing and herding the event.

I look forward to more events/rides with everyone.

- Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Enjoyed the YFO gathering a lot. Great to put some names, forum names, and faces together. Good riding too. Thanks a bunch, Tyler, for all your work in making this event possible and a great success.

Rode up the coast to northern Oregon and then turned east. Tonight near Portland. A bit over 5000 miles so far. Expect to be home in Virginia by the 15th or 16th.

Safe rides all !!!! - Glen

Well, it ain't over yet but the end is in sight. Josh and I have camped a few nights and are having some epic rides through Nevada, Utah, Colorado, and now New Mexico. Tomorrow we split and he goes to retrieve his truck at AJs house and I will run hwy 64 east through the enchanted circle. We hope to grab a room in amirillo Texas. Then it's two days of boiling heat for me back to my house.

14 days and 5,000 miles so far. What an adventure, man. Holy cow!!!!

Oh - and we reloaded the shampoo bottle a couple days ago.....

I got home yesterday after only 8 days and 2100 miles. My average daily miles was way lower than usual since I had the wife on the back. On Sunday morning we followed Joey and Josh into Yosemite, but when I saw the traffic in the park I bailed out to the west on 120. We headed for the coast; Bodega Bay and then down to Cambria where it was a much cooler ride. Then there was a toasty ride across 58 and 33 through Taft headed towards home.

Big thanks to Tyler for putting the event together. The Saturday dinner was a lot of fun! I only met a small fraction of the group, but everyone I talked to was really cool...it was great to match some faces with screen names. Kristi had a lot of fun, and she was really not sure what to expect at first. She's as shy as I am when it comes to big groups. Joey, Andrew, Pops...it was truly great the meet all of you, and it's fantastic that Pops was able to make the ride out. I think I drank too much beer. I even took a slug of tequila out of a shampoo bottle. There's a first time for everything in life.

For those of you that ride the pretty red '14s, Kristi said, "holy shit, that's a good looking bike!" Of course I then made sure she understood that it's nowhere near as pretty as Cobalt Blue.

I think I drank too much beer. I even took a slug of tequila out of a shampoo bottle. There's a first time for everything in life.
At the first FJR gathering that we went to (EOM 2008), we knew nobody. In the parking lot, either fencer or jaegermeister asked me if I like strawberries. This led to a couple of firsts for me as well:

1. I'd never seen a strawberry that was bleached white.

B. I'd never tasted a strawberry that tasted like moonshine.

Welcome to the club.

I think I drank too much beer. I even took a slug of tequila out of a shampoo bottle. There's a first time for everything in life.
At the first FJR gathering that we went to (EOM 2008), we knew nobody. In the parking lot, either fencer or jaegermeister asked me if I like strawberries. This led to a couple of firsts for me as well:

1. I'd never seen a strawberry that was bleached white.

B. I'd never tasted a strawberry that tasted like moonshine.

Welcome to the club.
That was me. I have pictures someplace