YFO 2017 - Yosemite and Beyond - June 1-3, 2017

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't worry... it's usually the old-timers that are busy making asses out of themselves... just sit back and watch.
laugh.png
I'm usually pretty good at being a fly on the wall (the f-o-t-w with a beer in hand) and watching the entertainment unfold.
I haven't the foggiest idea of what riding I'll be doing on Saturday, but if I'm back by 1730, I'll help out with chairs and tables and whatnot.

This is my 1st FJR gathering after 6 years of FJR ownership. It'll be interesting to put faces to forum names. I'm the FNG hoping to not embarrass myself! I'll do my best to keep up.
Don't worry... it's usually the old-timers that are busy making asses out of themselves... just sit back and watch.
laugh.png
Yah. Find fencer. He's a people-person, dammit!

I'll need a couple of volunteers to help set up tables/chairs for the dinner around 5:30pm on Saturday and break them down after the festivities. If anyone can lend a hand, please be back at the Lodge by 5:30pm... thanks!
cool.png
Since I cannot be there to help, I volunteer FYB and Joe (the El Toro one).

You're welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll need a couple of volunteers to help set up tables/chairs for the dinner around 5:30pm on Saturday and break them down after the festivities. If anyone can lend a hand, please be back at the Lodge by 5:30pm... thanks!
cool.png
Sounds like you've got the "couple" for set up. Luckily, everybody will be back and available to help with the "break down" part.

Everybody get that?

Last edited by a moderator:
What an epic day!! From ridgecrest, we rode north into the sierras. The higher we got, he larger the trees got. Lake Isabella was beautiful. We passed on highway 155 and instead took 107 and 190. Walked the trail of the 100 giants and boy was that special. Late lunch in springville, and then a wonderful ride this afternoon through a valley of golden grasses along a goat trail called G-137

Stopped in 3 rivers for the night. Tomorrow, giant sequoia and kings canyon before we ride up to Mariposa.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Morecowbell" data-cid="1367092" data-time="1496206765"><p>

The wife and I are hitting the road in the morning with an easy 1st day planned. We'll be in Kernville Wed night at a motel right next door to Kernville Brewing. Mmmm, beer. Then on Thurs we'll head through Sequoia N.P. on the way to Mariposa.<br />

<br />

This is my 1st FJR gathering after 6 years of FJR ownership. It'll be interesting to put faces to forum names. I'm the FNG hoping to not embarrass myself! I'll do my best to keep up.</p></blockquote>

We are tooling around the Fisherman's Warf area of San Francisco today. There is a 2013 FJR parked here. Sites it belong to anyone in here?

It was great to see Sac Mike in Mariposa & go for a short ride with him & some buddies to Hornitos & Bear Valley before heading home to Arnold. Wishing everyone a great ride tomorrow.