YFO 2017 - Yosemite and Beyond - June 1-3, 2017

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shit, they are already having too much fun
drinks.gif
to post any pics.

See you peeps Friday.
Correct me if I'm wrong, BUT I think you can be arrested for posting those kinda pictures on line.
lmaosmiley.gif

OK then, Peeps. B4 the night is over someone HAS to post who won the ClearWater lights! Naomi is nekkid without them!

Guess I'm about the first one home after this great weekend, so I'll start. What a great turnout, riders from ALL OVER, beautiful weather--hot but not horrible, for the most part, and a really nice venue--maybe the best one we've rallied in. We pretty much had it ALL, so not much problem with our late-night gabbing in the parking lots. The dinner Saturday was perfect, with tables set up in the lot that was well shaded by then and a decent breeze keeping it, well, just right.

CAJW, John, came down from an hour north just to lead a ride over some secret back roads on Friday morning. When he showed up on his Beta, I should have been warned, but four or five of us followed him over some washboards and corkscrews (and other kitchen appliances) on our Feejers. Once I see the dentist and get a few fillings tightened next week I'll be fine. But it was a fun ride. Thanks John. And Jim, aka SMR_SLT, who's name made sense after he told me it's "So Many Roads, So Little Time," just happened along with his buddies as I was trying to decide how to fill up some hours before I could check into the motel. We did some fun and empty roads in the foothills south and west of Mariposa for about an hour loop. Jim's on the forum, but just happened to be passing by on a day ride. So good seeing you again too, Jim, and thanks.

There were a lot of donations for swag--various venders and from members alike with good things they had but apparently didn't need, but more than enough to get a lot of interest in the raffle. From ticket sales, we raised $660 to donate to the Yosemite Conservancy! I'll get a check off Monday, and pass along whatever they say to acknowledge it here. Doug/Bugnatr gets the Clearwaters, as said, and FJRob took home TWO of Alex's $50 gift certs from Real Time Industries, now Black Hills Moto. Great donations from Glenn and Alex, and everybody else. And Tyler got her "couple of volunteers" and a few dozen more, to set up and take down all the tables and chairs for the dinner, too.

Then there's the people. 71 of us, I heard, and from ALL OVER. Iron butters from all over, and lots of newcomers to Cali, and especially Yosemite. Some of us went to dinner on Thursday night, and after leaving the restaurant I looked back to see Tyler hugging some dude in the middle of the street. Turned out to be Joey/Pants, Redfish, and "Pops," who were walking back to the hotel after their own dinner. So we all stood in the middle of the road meeting, greeting, and hugging for at least ten minutes. Great to meet you three! And all the others who I met for the first time there, and to see friends I see only at rallies all over America. What a great group!

I KNOW there'll be better pictures than mine, but here are a few as a teaser before the good ones all get posted.

IMG_3351_zps00q46afo.jpg

(Mostly) FJRs sleeping.

IMG_3362_zpspf730077.jpg

As predicted, all the falls were spectacular. This is Upper Yosemite Falls.

IMG_3396_zpsrccmjbmi.jpg

The food at the dinner Saturday was good, and the parking lot was nicely shaded by dinnertime.

IMG_3417_zpsjrcgsfgk.jpg

Everyone seems to be enjoying dinner. Except maybe Sam?

IMG_3422_zpsfofbml77.jpg

Pants was so happy to win this shirt I think he thought there was cash in the pocket.

Pretty excellent rally! You who are still in the early stage of a long ride home, have fun and BE SAFE. Some scary forecasts on the Weather Channel this morning! And big kudos to Tyler for getting it rolling. Where are we going next?

Last edited by a moderator:
Home safely. My tire held its triple plug all the way home.

Great event, good food, good company, good times and memories.

Hope to see ya'll from far and wide again soon! And ya'll from close by more often!

Sorry, I have no pictures of this weekend. I am looking forward to seeing everyone else's pictures. :)

Home safely with tires not yet showing fiber cord. A change is gonna come.

Great to see everyone again - we had a great time with all the good people FJR rallies attract. Special thanks to Tyler for setting it up, and for leading the Friday YNP tour. I hadn't seen Badger Pass since I was ten! And I don't know how or why I failed to visit Glacier Point in the times I have been in the park. That oversight has now been corrected.

Home safe. Had a blast and a hugh shout out to Tyler, Sac Mike and all who made this happed.

Good to see old friends and meet the new ones. Pant and Pops and RFH are a fun group.

And for the record, I know​ I married UP!

Great get together, and big thanks to Tyler for putting it all together! Friday's tour of Yosemite was wonderful!

Rolled in the driveway at 4 PM. Had a great time with new and old friends. Even them boys from luzyanna was OK.
smile.png
punk.gif

Great event, thanks to Tyler for setting it up and the Friday Yosemite tour! As always, great to see old friends and make new ones...forum folks are the best.

Made it back to the PNWet last night just after 10P, easy trip and no performance awards!

See all y'all again soon!

--G&J

I had 5 FJR's and one black Spyder my driveway Sunday night, very cool.

Mrs. Bug and I had a blast seeing all our forum friends and making some new ones too. We had a great time visiting with Redfish and his pops during the fine dinner Saturday night and I can't wait to get the Clearwater lights on my newest KTM. Just what the doctor ordered for that bike.

Thanks you Tyler, a fine time was had by all.

Home safe Monday by 730p after an overnight in Grand Jct., CO at a buddy's place. YUGE thanks to Tyler for getting this together. Girl, you are loved! Need to sort and upload pics and videos before I can post a RR, but seeing UberKul's pics, and knowing what Tyler probably captured, the bar has been set high!

Home safe this afternoon about 3:00. Just shy of 3000 miles and almost as many smiles.

Stayed in LaPine last night and rolled in just before closing at Harvest Depot. They were kind enough to make me a reuben sandwich and pour me a cold IPA. What a finish to a great trip, great people, friends new and old. Thanks Tyler.