Gathering of the Clans 2016 - October 7 through 9

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just saw this. Will have to see if Theresa can get time off. Would be one FJR and one '07 K1200GT. Sounds like fun. We have a BMW rally Sept 06 - 13, half in Downieville, half in Markleeville. Lots of fun riding including Buck's Lake, Ebbetts & Sonora passes.

Look forward to meeting you all.

Murray

Theresa says "OK."
punk.gif
Will make reservations and plans when I get home tomorrow.

Yeah, I've got my eye on this but can't commit just yet... hoping someone will twist my arm in Red Lodge.
I will consider this being the gauntlet being thrown down... get ready to get twisted... so to speak.
biggrin.png
Alright, alright. Consider me fully "committed".

I went up to Redding this Spring for a Lamm ride-in. The ride up was one of my worst riding experiences in a very long time. I had planned on slabbing it up I-5 after work on Thursday. Google claimed 9 hours. I'd get a couple of hours of shut-eye a some m-hole-tel and show up at Seth's door bright and squirley Friday morning. Well, three different thunderstorms (I thought it didn't rain in California) turned it into an all-nighter, half of it spent following blinky lights in front of me to mark the lanes. At one point when refueling, I rode through an axle high water crossing to get to the gas station. What a total mess. On the upside, Seth set me up with some amazing paved goat trails that lead to Eureka and I got to taste almost all of CA's US-1 on the way back home.

Redemption Ride to Redding coming up!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty bad when the original organizer of the GOTC can make the meet !
no.gif
We're going to miss ya'll this year.

We've an extended road trip coming up , we're planning on crossing the states for a couple months so maybe we'll make some east coast meets along the way.

In.

I will be bring my Destination Hwy's North California book and map. The idea is to ride all the rated roads From Frisco north, I-5 to the west and south of Oregon, less the Mattole (goat) road. Mattole is great if you got a long travel suspension bike.

In.
I will be bring my Destination Hwy's North California book and map. The idea is to ride all the rated roads From Frisco north, I-5 to the west and south of Oregon, less the Mattole (goat) road. Mattole is great if you got a long travel suspension bike.
Hmmm...I just might know someone that has a long travel suspension bike.
grin.gif

--G

Darn, I wish I could go to this one, it's right in my back yard, 2 hours away seems like back yard to me, but I have a wedding I have to go to that weekend. You all have fun and ride safe!!

Attendee list updated.

REMINDER: book by 9/23 for group rate.

Also, need to start on getting a real headcount for dinners and such so post up if you're coming!! :)

Last edited by a moderator: