Gathering of the Clans! When and Where?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the video, Richard. The road doesn't look anywhere near as intimidating as I thought it did. Guess I need to ride it over and over again until I get brave enough to do it with my eyes open.
It had some good uphill off camber turns that don't come through on the video, imo... I went back and rode it again yesterday afternoon... twice! :)

Just got home from the long ride. 100 on the bike then 530 in the truck.

Had a great time with all you people. Now if I can just get Nick to come to a couple more rides.

Thanks Richard for putting this great ride together.

Hope to see you all soon, if not, at the Ruben Run.

Joe (Tucson Joe)

Last edited by a moderator:
A great group of Peeps and soo wonderful to see everyone again.

Got pix loaded but it's late and I need sleep so until then -

Sincere Thanks to Sir Richard for making the GOTC event an event...

It was perfect.. low key, no cost (or your cost according to your budget)

..and, most importantly -

we all made it safe back home.

as Old Michael used to say,

'Peace Out'

What? Nobody started a RIDE REPORT????
nea.gif
tonguesmiley.gif

What a great time!
yes2.gif

FJR people (and the assorted contingent of friends, riders of different styles and brands, etc.) are the best. It was great to put faces to some of the names and make new friends.
The roads and rides: EPIC!
Motel 6 was exactly what I expected: A bed and a shower......at half the price of the options.
Sorry to have to leave on Saturday but an evening and Mother's Day with mom: Priceless.
I left my cool-vest at home so I soaked my T-shirt and CyclePort jacket before leaving Pasadena @ 4:00 PM. Made it past Bakersfield and repeated the process. By the time I got through Fresno the sun had dropped enough the temps were falling and livable. Gas and a snack in Modesto and rolled into the driveway in Elk Grove @ 10:15.

1445 odo miles, I even got to play "hooligan" on a couple of back roads before returning to my semi-adult state.....

Great weekend and many thanks, Richard. Well done, sir, well done!

P.S. Thanks for the video, Sir Richard.
P.S.S. Daaaaang....this is post # 11,900!

Okie dokie...I'm starting a RIDE REPORT so everyone can post over there....
I only took a few pictures but I KNOW others did the same and there will be plenty of fodder for discussion and proof of shenanigans, perhaps (knowing Tyler) there will be some lovely vistas and close-ups of flora.

Here's a sample.
At Jalama Beach, L-R: Janet & Neil from San Diego on the bench, Don Carver's finger, Patty, Jorstin, FJRay, Joe (sitting) and Gary (holding up the Wind-surfing board).
012-1.jpg

Great to see old friends and make new ones!

Finally made it home last night after 3198 miles including a blast up the ET Highway...

Fun ride down the coast with Tyler and Doug -- need to do that again. Although we're in trouble with the CBA, the Saturday loop with dcarver was most excellent!!

See all y'all again soon.

--G

Finally made it home last night after 3198 miles including a blast up the ET Highway...

Fun ride down the coast with Tyler and Doug -- need to do that again. Although we're in trouble with the CBA, the Saturday loop with dcarver was most excellent!!

--G
Nice total miles George. Good to meet and ride. Doug

--G
Great to ride with you again George, and your PNW buddie Steve-O is coolio too.

Here's my RR with some pix of you in it..

68.jpg

--G
Great to ride with you again George, and your PNW buddie Steve-O is coolio too.

Here's my RR with some pix of you in it..
Thanks again for leading us on the Saturday ride Don. Steve talked about Hwy 33 all the way home, he didn't realize what he was getting himself into on the ride! Great times for sure.

Most excellent ride report, thanks for putting it together!

--G

Thanks again for leading us on the Saturday ride Don. Steve talked about Hwy 33 all the way home, he didn't realize what he was getting himself into on the ride! Great times for sure.

Most excellent ride report, thanks for putting it together!

--G
Yes, after 3 long riding days with 3 longer days to come, I was planning on a easy 100 mile Candy Butt ride on Saturday. I had never heard of Hwy 33 but I will not forget it and hopefully will get a rematch some day. Thanks for the ride Don, and slowing it down enough that the out of shape PNW riders didn't get in trouble.