Ignacio In the Iron Butt Rally

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you need at place to crash for a few hours or service on your bike just let me know. I'm in Jacksonville FL and will gladly service FJR s that need it during the IB. Service and oil changes are on me....you guys deserve it. I don't have a tire changer but arrangements can be made. PM me for contact info. Best of luck, Wade

All the best to you and all the other Riders. 2003 was truly a once-in-a-lifetime-experience for me. May you come back safely and with a lot of interesting stories as well as memories that will last you a lifetime.

[SIZE=8pt]* except for maybe Day 8 or 9..... when they suffer a punctured tire.... and then determine all the glue has dried up in the tire repair kit.... not that it matters, because their flashlight batteries have drained, and they can't see the tire puncture to repair it anyway....... because it's pretty dark at 2:30 AM near that 7500' summit where the puncture occurred..... right about the time it starts to rain and sleet..... good times, oh yeah.....[/SIZE]
.......on a road with no shoulder.......semis with big rooster tails whistling by.........reserve light was on before the flat......heated vest isn't working......rain melting the ink on the rally pack

:help:

no-

wait

that's an IBR dream :lazy:

"A Native American elder once described his own inner struggles in this manner: Inside of me there are two dogs. One of the dogs is mean and evil. The other dog is good. The mean dog fights the good dog all the time. When asked which dog wins, he reflected for a moment and replied, The one I feed the most." -George Bernard Shaw

Feed the good dog, yo. ;)

[SIZE=8pt]* except for maybe Day 8 or 9..... when they suffer a punctured tire.... and then determine all the glue has dried up in the tire repair kit.... not that it matters, because their flashlight batteries have drained, and they can't see the tire puncture to repair it anyway....... because it's pretty dark at 2:30 AM near that 7500' summit where the puncture occurred..... right about the time it starts to rain and sleet..... good times, oh yeah.....[/SIZE]

[SIZE=8pt]** ...only to have the lucid thought that although you were smart enough to buy two tubes of fresh glue two weeks ago to to make up for the first tube of glue you loaned to another rider that's off making asterisks on forums. Once the sleet turns into bonafide snow you have another lucid thought that maybe that original tube of glue is still liquid at this moment......wherever it may be. It's such a lucid thought that it borders on rage and you'd call the loanee of the tube on the cell phone to share your perspective, but this particular pass at 7500' is outside cell phone range...whic is probably a good thing because the guy you'd be cussing out *could* reinspect your motorcycle after the rally *find* something he missed earlier. No matter, you're McGyver and long before it gets light again you'll stuff a plug, wad of chewing gum, and a used condom off the side of the road into the hole and get below snow level by sunrise. [/SIZE]

;)

[SIZE=8pt]** No matter, you're McGyver and long before it gets light again you'll stuff a plug, wad of chewing gum, and a used condom off the side of the road into the hole and get below snow level by sunrise. [/SIZE]

;)

Hopefully by Day 9, you can still remember that it's the chewing gum that goes into your mouth... not the used condom. :blink:

:lol:

Best luck to you, and the other FJR riders. I'm sure you'll have a blast, and find out more about yourself then you've ever imagined. And have adventures to tell folks about for months. I can't wait to see you and your ride come puttin' in. Just remember, no extra points for finishing early!

See ya at the finish,

Dennis

Hopefully by Day 9, you can still remember that it's the chewing gum that goes into your mouth... not the used condom. :blink:
Fortunately, there was some recognition training at WFO this year. Tuck the contestants' phone numbers into your cell if you can't decide and need to use a lifeline. :lol:

FWIW...

If you come through the Tri-State area and need anything, I'm on the FJR List.

Have bed/couch, tools, trailer, tire changer (which can be put on the trailer with a more than half burned up Rear Storm).

-MD

P.S. That goes for any/all contestants.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fortunately, there was some recognition training at WFO this year. Tuck the contestants' phone numbers into your cell if you can't decide and need to use a lifeline. :lol:

Don't forget Iggi was in the contest! On day 9 he may have flashbacks and think that he's competing for a new helmet all over again! :dribble:

FWIW...
If you come through the Tri-State area and need anything, I'm on the FJR List.

Have bed/couch, tools, trailer, tire changer (which can be put on the trailer with a more than half burned up Rear Storm).

-MD

P.S. That goes for any/all contestants.

Gunny!

Good Luck Iggy & don't be afraid to use your FJR assistance list if necessary.

Tom in NE Ohio.

Sending sincere Good luck and safe riding to all IBR contestants. To the FJR Forum folks you have the superior steed for doing well. If passing thru Los Angeles and need assistance, check me out, I'm on the assistance listing.