Ignacio In the Iron Butt Rally

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
neck wrap, cell phone - same, same. You guys ever heard of duct tape? :haha:

Hell, you would think that these two would know a thing or two about properly securing their items on a bike by now! Who wants to take bets on the next thing that becomes detached from their bikes?

Taken today at a gas stop on Morgan, UT. (l-r): Ignacio (sporting his fresh IBR haircut), Mr Lisa Stevens (also sporting his fresh IBR haircut), Mrs. Lisa Stevens, Paul Peloquin

IBR005b.JPG

Read more about their travel day on Matt's blog.

I just realized, the major portion of Iggy's trip to St. Louis is the same path I did my BBG on last year. Salt Lake City to KC... then he's continuing to STL.

What a monotonous drone that stretch through Nebraska was... especially at O-dark thirty...

Good luck Iggy... we'll all be watching and hoping for the best.

Hell, you would think that these two would know a thing or two about properly securing their items on a bike by now! Who wants to take bets on the next thing that becomes detached from their bikes?
Well, in an attempt to sabotage me before we even get to St. Louis, Iggy rode by me and snatched my sippy cup from my bite tube and threw it under the bike, causing me to drag my drink tube under and behind the bike....all the while we were strolling down rush hour traffic past the rally hotel on our way to Bonne Terre for some bike service. I'll need to spend a few hours tomorrow rounding up a new bite tube and way to secure it better to the bike so that big mug Iggy can't do me more harm.

Well, in an attempt to sabotage me before we even get to St. Louis, Iggy rode by me and snatched my sippy cup from my bite tube and threw it under the bike, causing me to drag my drink tube under and behind the bike....all the while we were strolling down rush hour traffic past the rally hotel on our way to Bonne Terre for some bike service. I'll need to spend a few hours tomorrow rounding up a new bite tube and way to secure it better to the bike so that big mug Iggy can't do me more harm.
You larcenous lil' b.......uddy!

Funny, my memory seems to something like this:

Paul and I spot a drink tube trailing under your bike.....he rides up to get your attention, but then thinks it would be better to tell the leader Tobie. I stay at her 6 like a good wingman.

However, Tobie pulls over thinking something's wrong with Paul and radios Lisa to keep going.

I don't know this of course, but pull up along side and point back to the guys pulled over and she points forward thinking I don't know Paul is having a problem. Confusion ensues.

I pull out my drink tube and point to it...then her bike. More confusion. I think Tobie radioed and she finally pulled over....about 15 seconds after the bite tube popped off. Oh well.

I'd like to say she's the latest to screw up, however, I topped that by poking a hole in Smitty's ceiling with my CB. Doh!

IBR012b.JPG

Just an FYI.....I don't know if I'll be able to post here and my blog when the rally starts. Get used to watching my blog.

Just an FYI.....I don't know if I'll be able to post here and my blog when the rally starts. Get used to watching my blog.
Matt, you mind if I use comments on your blog to post my own running commentary?

I left an example... :unsure:

dougc

Last edited by a moderator:
Matt, you mind if I use comments on your blog to post my own running commentary?

I left an example... :unsure:

dougc
Not only is it fine....I made you an author and copied the post to a fresh blog entry. You're in my friend!

You larcenous lil' b.......uddy!

Funny, my memory seems to something like this:

Paul and I spot a drink tube trailing under your bike.....he rides up to get your attention, but then thinks it would be better to tell the leader Tobie. I stay at her 6 like a good wingman.

However, Tobie pulls over thinking something's wrong with Paul and radios Lisa to keep going.

I don't know this of course, but pull up along side and point back to the guys pulled over and she points forward thinking I don't know Paul is having a problem. Confusion ensues.

I pull out my drink tube and point to it...then her bike. More confusion. I think Tobie radioed and she finally pulled over....about 15 seconds after the bite tube popped off. Oh well.
Well, OK, your memory might be better than mine. Your version really does sound more like the truth. Tobie did radio me and tell me to keep going, that Paul was having a problem & they'd meet us at Smitty's. I really don't want to keep on when I don't know what's happening back with them. When I do pull over, Matt comes to my rescue and ties my drink tube back to the bike while RUSH HOUR traffic whizzes by. By now, Tobie's had a chance to talk with Paul & then tells me it's ME who had the problem...all fixed and back into the fray we ride.

Got the skinny on where to get a new one and that will be shopping item #1 for today. Thank's, Matt, you're a good wingman. :bike:

We met up at Smittys for a massive tire change oil change and rear lube changing. Here is smome pics.

IMGP0662.jpg

This is the evidence Matt is still working on his motorcycle with only three days till start!! :eek:

IMGP0657.jpg

In Smittys Garage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Errr, Iggy played guitar....

Though I love Simon & Garfunkel, and also really enjoy that particular song, I do believe a more appropriate choice for my anticipated IBR ride would be.................

AC/DC's Highway to Hell.

:crazy:

See you soon, Iggy.