Miles and miles all gone...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wyowags

Reaction score
Hi All,

Here's my situation. The tach and speedo faceplate backing sticker started to bubble up around the screws inside the display. Took it to my dealer and they replaced the entire tach/speedo/display unit under my Y.E.S. warranty. Kudos to them for a speedy repair also. But now my odometer is back to zero. Anyone know of a way to get it reset to the mileage it was at when it was replaced? Not a big deal unless I were to sell the feej (not freakin' likely!) Oh, it's an '05' if that makes a difference. Thanks for any help!!

Kurt

The mileage is only stored in the instrument panel, not the ECU as you found out. When dealers change the instrument panel they are supposed to affix an actual mileage sticker on the inside lid of the glove box like they did for Capt. Bob, and a second sticker on the last page of the owners manual.

One or two Forum members say that they have found a company that can set the odometer back to the original mileage but I didn't find the posts with a quick search.

Thanks Cap'n,

I wonder if anyone ever got mama yama to pick up the tab for this? Sounds like a PIA to me. Mileage is a touchy thing when it comes to selling a vehicle though. Maybe I'll talk to the folks at the county and see what they say as far as being legal on the title. Does seem kind of lame to me that yamaha wouldn't put the mileage back on them though.

The mileage is only stored in the instrument panel, not the ECU as you found out. When dealers change the instrument panel they are supposed to affix an actual mileage sticker on the inside lid of the glove box like they did for Capt. Bob, and a second sticker on the last page of the owners manual.
LOL. Yep, had my nice little sticker affixed all nice and proper to the glove box inner lid after having the Inst 17 mpg fuel problem fixed.

Then Bambi arrived. Sticker? What Sticker? I don't need no Stinkin' Sticker!

MassDamage.jpg

What in the world is going to happen when this bike needs to be re-titled! How does that work? Just askin'. I know when you get a new odometer for a car or truck, they have to set it to the right mileage.

What in the world is going to happen when this bike needs to be re-titled! How does that work? Just askin'. I know when you get a new odometer for a car or truck, they have to set it to the right mileage.
It's documented by the dealer as to what the mileage was when the odometer was swapped. That just needs to be disclosed when the title transfers

Well, the dealer told me yesterday they don't even put a sticker on it. He called mam yama while I was standing right there and they said nothing to him about a sticker. The mileage is on the repair ticket. If I would ever sell it, I'd just have to fill out a mileage disclosure statement and all is good. At least that's how they work it in Wyoming. I'm not too worried about it.

Geez Don!! That's fugly!!!