Next EOM?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I guess a little clarifiction is in order. I dropped my bike off @ the stealers this morning. I am blowing a fuse. Gone over the system more than once with a multi-meter & cannot seem to find the problem. The bike runs fine. It runs GREAT actually... it's just that one buggy fuse that happens to be connected to my brake lights.
I have a problem riding w/o brake lights... never mind the no horn & dash lights thing. So, the only riding that I've done since Christmas weekend is back & forth to buddies Violione & Scoops for diagnostic testing.

So, I'm hoping to have my bike back for this ride!

You dig?

Yes Ma'am! Best of luck with the stealership diagnosis... ;)

I haven't forgot about EOM everyone. Life has thrown me a few lemons and I'm trying to get them squeezed into lemonade as fast as possible! ;)
Info will be forth coming very soon!

JW
One of the things getting me through physical therapy is looking forward to EOM. Annette and I both can't wait to see everyone! We are very close to pulling the trigger on "the replacement"...

By the way, our anniversary is 14 Feb. . I married the bestest riding buddy ever!! :D
Looking forward to seeing you guys in June.
Hi Jim! Happy Anniversary to you and Iris!

You are wrong, I married the bestest. She goes to many lengths with me, including over the, er, cliff....

As it looks right now it is not likely we are doing any meets this year. Sally and I will likely sneak out once or twice for a weekend in WV or OH, but that is about all we'll manage this year.

Marty,

You mean no rainy NY rides this year?!!!

Jim,

Happy Anniversary to you guys. How Iris doing popping wheelies nowadays?

I haven't forgot about EOM everyone. Life has thrown me a few lemons and I'm trying to get them squeezed into lemonade as fast as possible! ;)
Info will be forth coming very soon!

JW
No problem J-DUB. Got the new pipes delivered yesterday and now they are calling for snow tonight. Just when our roads are clean, more of the white stuff. SUMANAMICH! I'm really sick of winter......

Smoke

Jim,Happy Anniversary to you guys. How Iris doing popping wheelies nowadays?
Thanks Jeff. I'm sorry that we've drifted from the topic "Replying to next EOM"

We got Iris a dirt bike, I'm still looking. Let the wheelies begin! :p
No need to apologize for that, Jim. This topic hasn't moved in ages.

We gotta kill the time waiting for them announcements somehow, right? ;)

So what did Iris get for the dirt? What are you looking for yourself? And where do you guys go dirt'n around Albany?

I sold off my XR400, but I have a serious hankering to get another trailie when I finish this BMW airhead project. I'd really like to get another small bike like the XR400 and put a street kit on it for real dual sport fun.

Jim,Happy Anniversary to you guys. How Iris doing popping wheelies nowadays?
Thanks Jeff. I'm sorry that we've drifted from the topic "Replying to next EOM"

We got Iris a dirt bike, I'm still looking. Let the wheelies begin! :p
No need to apologize for that, Jim. This topic hasn't moved in ages.

We gotta kill the time waiting for them announcements somehow, right? ;)

So what did Iris get for the dirt? What are you looking for yourself? And where do you guys go dirt'n around Albany?

I sold off my XR400, but I have a serious hankering to get another trailie when I finish this BMW airhead project. I'd really like to get another small bike like the XR400 and put a street kit on it for real dual sport fun.
Why bother Fred? Just buy the KTM Version.

Sorry Iggy, ( I must stay on topic, I must stay on topic, I must stay on topic )

Last edited by a moderator:
Why bother Fred? Just buy the KTM Version.
Huh? :blink:

Nah, I've owned a KTM for a short time until I could find a sucker new owner to unload it on buy it. It is far from a nimble dirt bike. In fact, IMO it sucked at both street and dirt.

Is this the "we're going to talk about anything BUT what's in the thread title"...thread?
Until we start talking about what's in the thread title, apparently yes. ;)

Gunny Fred.

BTW, just looking at all of those pics of EOM 08 is absolutely awesome. Just one more drop in the bucket of kudos, but thanks again to all parties involved - Jason, Scab, Wayne, Jeff, the list goes on- for putting together the best gathering ever! I am willing to be patient to enjoy whatever/whoever puts together the '09 meeting . . . will be worth the wait if it's half as good as last years.

Hey Fred, we got Iris a Honda - CRF230F and I'm looking for a CRF250R or X. Well, now that we have a nice new "Aluma" trailer, we can take them anywhere to enjoy trails.

OK, how bout that EOM? :rolleyes:

Just an idea from me, who regrets missing this last year's EOM:
Maryland's Deep Creek Lake area would be nicely central and offer some of the best hills in WV, MD, PA, and even out to Appalachian Ohio. Plus it'd have the off-bike hotels and support the group looks for.

From NO VA we always ride west, then south. Never thought about Deep Creek. Great area. Will have to go up for a weekend even if the EOM already has teeth elsewhere.

Have any good maps

RR

I live in northern VA and would really like to participate in a group ride. I missed 2008 because of work, but with some advance planning and a little luck, I think I coould make a plan and stick to it this year. The mrs isn't that in to riding along, but if there were other distractions (or relaxations) available separately for her (as I imagined there were during last year's gathering--spa treatments and shopping being near the top of the list), I'm in. If this could be the National thing to boot, that would be even better.
West Virginia, the site of last year, would work for me, but anywhere east of the Appalachians south of New Hampshire, and north of Atlanta would be good. Maybe once a site is selected a new threat should start so we can keep track?
Jon T

Im in Herndon. Always looking for a riding partner for a few hours, a day or longer. Currently not working so mid week is best but understand needs of most other. Usually do some pick up runs with guys with modified HD touring, ST's and Valks and Wings that can fly. We are looking at Dragon Run or US 421 sometime this year.

I take a trip down to Blacksburg every April to see my Son at VT for dinner. Ok, real story, I take the trip to ride WV and see my Son!

So if you have any interest, let me know.

R

RR

So RickyRey, Are you the one I keep seeing turning onto Drainsville Rd at lunchtime, and heading west from Drainsville in the afternoon??? I keep seeing an O7. Well before all this ice crap started falling. :angry:

If there are more people around here going to EOM we should make a group of it.

Oh, and anytime your heading this way, let me know. Always ready to ditch the chores and ride. I'm on Mount weather/Rt601.

Status
Not open for further replies.