Official SW-FOG 2015 Announcement: 5/28-31, THU-SUN!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll watch for Papa Chuey and the right turn but I'm sure he is faster than I. I May have a hard time keep Ing up if my experience in trying to keep up with this bunch at the Sparks shindig is any indication. JSNS I ride my own pace, just ask Festar, he's always waiting for me
smile.png
Good, after the right turn watch your speed. The Dep. is usually hidden somewhere along the road and many have help support the County.

Longrider

aka Slowrider
Bruce and John, we will regroup at the Chevron Station located at Jacob Lake. I will give a "chalk talk" explaining the local Deputies love of writing revenue tickets and also explain that the LEO's of the National Park Service are also authorized to write Federal Citations. I will lay out a map on a table, I happily will highlight "must see" spots! JSNS!

Last edited by a moderator:
GPS routes? I thought you just head south and stop just before the long drop into the big ditch. It will be a great way to celebrate my 21st birthday.

HOLY SH!T

Just received email from Treasure Trail announcing the sale and closure of the facility.

Quote;

"We appreciate both new and past guests for your reservations and continued support and loyalty. Unfortunately, the motel has been sold and Comfort Suites will begin construction of their new facility January 2015. Aikens Lodge Inn is a comparable motel to Treasure Trail Motel and is located only 1 block away. Good luck with your travels in 2015."

Yes, just got the email myself WTF over. I guess we need to look for other accomodations? Or did they automatically book us at the Aikens Lodge Inn. Kind of ambiguous.

Treasure Trails is now closed for good. New Construction for Comfort Suites will begin on January 2015. We need to find a different motel. TT recommends Aikens Lodge, but I think there are better...
I've stayed at TT before and they were a great "down home" lodge!
There is another one or two that is "ok" and I will check tomorrow.

aka: Back Road Bob, Back Door Bob, Keener, El Boracho (WTF with all the names?)

The reason we were at the Treasure Trail was that reservations were already extremely tight that weekend.

That is the first full weekend that the North Rim is open.

I think the last line in the email sums it up.

"Good luck with your travels in 2015"

Geez, the word gets out that we are booking the Treasure Trail and they knock the place down. We must have a reputation or something.
sarcasm.gif

Thingfish and I are booked at the Hitch n Post campground. I hope the main group finds a place nearby.

Treasure Trails is now closed for good. New Construction for Comfort Suites will begin on January 2015. We need to find a different motel. TT recommends Aikens Lodge, but I think there are better...
I've stayed at TT before and they were a great "down home" lodge!
There is another one or two that is "ok" and I will check tomorrow.

aka: Back Road Bob, Back Door Bob, Keener, El Borracho, El Pendejo Grande (WTF with all the names?)
Mi Amigo Roberto, you forgot El Pendejo Grande ese!

I guess, better this happened now instead of a month before the event. Thanks for following up Don. I hope they can flip us all to a new place instead of us having to individually do the legwork again, or worse yet not be able to find lodging at all nearby.

I guess, better this happened now instead of a month before the event. Thanks for following up Don. I hope they can flip us all to a new place instead of us having to individually do the legwork again, or worse yet not be able to find lodging at all nearby.
Yeah Gary, I just got off the phone with HotRodZilla! AJ said the exact same thing, we now have almost six months to do something else. Really counting on Rebecca now, keeping my fingers crossed she can move us all over to the Parry Lodge with no muss and no fuss!

Hope you are right about Parry Lodge.

That was one of the places I checked last summer and they had rooms until Saturday but nothing for Saturday night.

Maybe they've had some cancellations.

Hope you are right about Parry Lodge.That was one of the places I checked last summer and they had rooms until Saturday but nothing for Saturday night.

Maybe they've had some cancellations.
I hate to impose on you stealth1, but if Rebecca can't come through: Do you think you can drive over to Kanab within the next month and investigate this for us?

Yes, just got the email myself WTF over. I guess we need to look for other accomodations? Or did they automatically book us at the Aikens Lodge Inn. Kind of ambiguous.
I checked availability at the Aikens Lodge, and they are sold out for 30th of May. So hope we have better luck at the Parry Lodge

This late in the game, we might want to look at a bigger city, like Cedar City. Only 80 miles more to Grand Canyon and the same distance to Boulder. More choices there?

I was going to cancel my reservation there anyway as a few of us booked a house at the Quail Park Lodge. There might be another house available there if anyone is interested. :)

This late in the game, we might want to look at a bigger city, like Cedar City. Only 80 miles more to Grand Canyon and the same distance to Boulder. More choices there?
Ops.....made comment before reading about Treasure Trails motel closing. Looks like it's time to go to Plan B.......or Plan C. Panguitch might be an option, it's close to Bryce, Zion, Cedar Breaks, and a easy 150 mile ride to the North Rim.

Somehow, this is Don Stanley's fault!

Honestly, if the Parry Lodge doesn't work out, there's no reason we can't try to move cities. Plenty of time and the mileage is neglegible.

If that doesn't work out, I say we move it to Tajique NM. A couple good roads and a house with a pool nearby. Haha...

Latest posts