Oregon roads & Reubens

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are in Weed (in not on) Lassen was awesome today! Duchess could eat 2 Rubens! We will head up to La Pine in the morning, probably go through Crater Lake.
9828255934_98f5200c30_c.jpg

At the Motel 6 in Santa Nella, CA on Interstate 5, waiting for the Goombah johnny80s to show up. You know how to tell if un il Italiano is lying to you? The W.O.P's lips will be moving! jes' sayin' and nuff said!

leaving early tomorrow, gonna hit Bickleford Hwy, head south to Fossil then to Hwy 207. Should hit LaPine by dinner

Suck in McCall Id with heavy frost, hoping to leave soon as it already 8:30 here. See ya all tonight!
Sorry to Here Ken! Hope all went well.

Fontana hope all goes well for the wife.
The wife's surgery went well today. Instead of putting a plate in her foot they put in two screws; a better deal for her. Thanks for the thoughts.

There is a weather advisory for western Washington on Sunday. I am saying this to be helpful, not to be a jerk. High winds, heavy rain, along with a cold front with snow levels of 5500 feet. Plan accordingly, be safe - don't leave early rather stay an extra day! Have fun everybody.

Last edited by a moderator:
9867795975_dba3eaff28_z.jpg

Duchess & I had a Great time! Pic (Don, Joe & CeCe) sums up the good times had by all.

THANKS RAY!

Just went down to get something off the bike. All these wusses have gone to bed. Even Carver

Just went down to get something off the bike. All these wusses have gone to bed. Even Carver

Great time...good to see all y'all again!

Weather wasn't too bad getting back to the PNWet...only about an hour of rain / wind and was treated to a sun-break for the last hour!

See everyone next year.
punk.gif

--G

Funny thing, that Karma. I was feeling pretty smug about the weather report for the east side. From just south of Ellensburg and all the way over Blewett pass, it was a frog strangler. Oh well, don't have to wash the bike, or my gear now.

Great trip, great friends and the best grub.

There is a weather advisory for western Washington on Sunday. I am saying this to be helpful, not to be a jerk. High winds, heavy rain, along with a cold front with snow levels of 5500 feet. Plan accordingly, be safe - don't leave early rather stay an extra day! Have fun everybody.
I saw that advisory Saturday morning and with the inexcusable condition of my tires I panicked and left LaPine for B'ham at noon Saturday. I wont describe my ride home except to say the FJR got 52 mpg and I only caught a total of maybe a quarter mile of rain beginning at Yakama and concluding in Bellingham. It was great to see you all and next year I wont be putting 7000 miles on the tires before getting to the Reuben Run.
no.gif

It was really nice to meet some new people and make some new friends. I had a fun time and wanted to say thank you Ray for inviting us into your home town. The roads around La Pine was fantastic to ride and a place I will come back to again and again :)

Home safely. It was cold, hot and in between on the way south. This morning's ride in the Eastern Sierra was absolutely gorgeous.

Here is the group photo:

953bc8f5-aa62-4b18-b2ab-65c402353390_zps8beae5e1.jpg

Well I guess I should share a few here..

My loaner steed for the weekend. Thanks Ray, it was greatly appreciated!

rr2005_zpsfab1cab9.jpg

Odots well used mount..

rr2037_zps9e71ceb8.jpg

But evidently not much recently.. Nice bird nest klown

rr2039_zpsed83d75c.jpg

Some egg headed guy @ Crater Lake..

rr2020-Copy_zps95b2a043.jpg

A few more strangers..

rr2021_zps2f4d2583.jpg

Mizz Bust enjoying the scenery

rr2022_zpsed75e954.jpg

I could get used to seeing this everyday!!!

rr2027_zps69140859.jpg

rr2029_zpse2c66ff5.jpg

Chow time!

rr2043-Copy_zps703af785.jpg

Who invited that Asian guy? Marcus was a hoot!

rr2042_zps5207c63b.jpg

Shenanigans.. It got a bit "buggy"..Hint hint..
tonguesmiley.gif

rr2048_zps5769daf5.jpg

rr2051_zpsb0e46ebc.jpg

rr2052_zpse1515340.jpg

rr2046_zpsb7ac7857.jpg

Another fantastic time in the PNW. I can't thank those responsible for Sheila and myselfs being able to attend this ride enough.. I am totally blown away by the generosity of all involved.
Ray went out of his way to retrieve and then deliver Sheila and I to Roberts field, put us up for two nights, and trust me with his bike for the weekend.. I dunno what to say.......

Joe an Cec made sure we ate well but Joe? As Odot said "that bacon vodka can't be fixed, it's nasty" Coming from an Eskimo I'd say you should just use it for fire starter.
tonguesmiley.gif

It was great re-connecting with old friends, and adding a few new ones. All of you added something, even Odot. The mouth kiss was hilarious but the ugghhh Beer mustache comment after about had me on the floor laughing!
lol.gif

Suked when John went down and he's probably right about his scoot bein a total. But it should be easy to fix as it didn't look like any structural damages. The guy is a tough old dude. Sat for almost two hours waiting for a ride to the hospital because he didn't want anyone to miss out. John u krazy fuk!
winksmiley02.gif

Finally, As much as I'd like to lay blame on the altitude, I was legitimately rather I'll Saturday night and really bummed I missed all the lies and ass grabbing.

However you jackasses that broke in and took pics? Check my left hand.. Yep I was flying the bird you dorks!

Again, Thanks to all that made this possible! Now that the wife has seen what that area is all about convincing her to relocate is going to be a hell of a lot easier!
winksmiley02.gif

+1. Gunny that. Couldn't have said it any better. Truly an amazing group of people. Loved every minute of it. Seriously considering a move that direction in the future.

Thank you so much to everyone who so generously made this possible for myself and Bust. We will never forget it and are hoping to pay it forward very soon.
smile.png