• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Passenger Backrest Bracket & Pad

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still making this? I have an '05 - what would be the cost? Thanks.

Yup - here is a typical Gen II install:
06Style_1a.jpg

$150 + S&H. PM me if you want one. B)

To anyone who has this standalone backrest on their GEN1:

How strong is it?

If a passenger leans on it with any force, I want to make sure it's sturdy enough.

Thanks.

To anyone who has this standalone backrest on their GEN1:
How strong is it?

If a passenger leans on it with any force, I want to make sure it's sturdy enough.

Thanks.
I have been using one for three years now. It's plenty strong enough - NO WORRIES.

My S.O. really likes to ride behind me much more now that she has something to lean back against. And it makes a good helmet rack when I get off the bike.

Hello All,

I just got Garaulds backrest in today and wanted to post my pics and experience. It seems what everyone has been saying is spot on. Beautiful craftsmanship, packing was great, he included personalized instructions. Paint match was perfect. Even the spacers were color matched really top quality at a price that can't be beat.

Most importantly, the wife is happy! she can lean back a bit and relax now. I hate to say what I spent on that Givi E55 with the liner, lighting kit & Backrest and she didn't like it as it pushed her foreword just far enough to be uncomfortable and transfer her weight to me every time I so much as let off the throttle. Not only is she happy but so am I. The pad sits in the perfect relation to the back of the seat and the angle is spot on. So as far as Farkles go this is about as good an experience as I've had.

Kudos to You Gary Thank You!

https://s908.photobucket.com/albums/ac284/D...ures-FJR146.jpg

https://s908.photobucket.com/albums/ac284/D...ures-FJR145.jpg

https://s908.photobucket.com/albums/ac284/D...ures-FJR149.jpg

Damon

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello All,
I just got Garaulds backrest in today and wanted to post my pics and experience. It seems what everyone has been saying is spot on. Beautiful craftsmanship, packing was great, he included personalized instructions. Paint match was perfect. Even the spacers were color matched really top quality at a price that can't be beat.

Most importantly, the wife is happy! she can lean back a bit and relax now.

Kudos to You Gary Thank You!
+1 on the Garaulds backrest.

Received mine on Oct 8th and installed it at 2:45am Oct 9th after a terrible day&night at work...didn't take but a few minutes.

It rained for several days in a row, then the kid got pneumonia and was hospitalized for 5 days.

Finally got out today with my co-pilot and she sat back there and waved at everyone as we went by like she was riding in a parade!

Now waiting on my Garauld rack so she has somewhere to pack all her warm cloths once the day warms up!

Thanks Gary for GREAT product and GREAT customer care!!

Received my backrest on Monday, very nice! Wife is excited to try it out this weekend.

On a side note, Gary had mistakenly quoted me a little high on the price, which I wasn't aware of. Not only did HE bring it to my attention, he refunded the amount to my Paypal before I ever even knew it! In today's world, that speaks volumes to me and I wanted everyone to know!!

Thanks Gary!!

EG

If this has been asked, I apologize. Does this rest go on with the stock OEM set up (luggage rack) in place? And how easy is it to put on/remove, as I don't want to leave it on except when my wife is riding?

The Gen I BRs attach as shown on the first image. To remove, just remove the new longer center bolt, slide off the BR and put the stock bolt back in place. The Gen IIs attach using 3 longer bolts like as shown in post #23. Just remove the longer screws and put the stockers back. No mods are required. I can make a Gen II unit that will fit just like the Gen I, but they are not interchangeable - the bolt spacing is a bit different..