Project KZ1300

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those pesky Germans, always putting verbs first or last, instead of in the middle where they belong . . . .

Last edited by a moderator:
New CCT idler gear arrived!

1.jpg

This pix scanned, so reso not so good, but lookie at how nice the teeth are!

2.jpg

As compared too..

12.jpg

So I find this German site where they are making all kinds...stuff no longer available OEM. Here's an email I sent them...Man, was a tedious process!...Thanks to Google for GoogleTranslate...
Ya might have axed BeemerDonS to wash that letter for syntax and grammar.
Translating from English to Drunken Irish to German would probably lose something in the translation.

As it turns out, the guy making all these cool unobtainable parts speaks perfect English, unlike most of the posters on this thread! ;)

As it turns out, the guy making all these cool unobtainable parts speaks perfect English, unlike most of the posters on this thread! ;)
My ability to understand and speak proper English was ruined by watching & listening to TV from Buffalo NY.

My ability to understand and speak proper English was ruined by watching & listening to TV from Buffalo NY.
My English was totally corrupted by watching every episode featuring Bubbles on The Trailer Park Boys. Now I cuss way too fecking much all of the fecking damn time; feck and damn it all to Hell!

Well, winter will soon take over the La Pine Oregon hood and FjRay will start work on the Quacker's engine. I better get going too..

Found another source of parts today - in South Africa.

Man oh man, I hope Quacker looks this good when done..

1525676.jpg

They have some cool custom machined parts, like this oil pan extender that allows for more oil in the pan. It's common the Kz13 engine to oil starve..

8784001.jpg

and they also have big end bearings - something I've not been able to source before..

9079265.jpg

and check out what this guy grafted on for brakes..

tn_full_KZ5jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg

Since at least 3 peeps on the fjrforum seem to be interested in this kz1300 rebuild project...
laugh.png

FjRay is starting the engine tear down!

Last weekend I sent Ray 6 new pistons, wrist pins, circlips, and head gasket..

Should arrive tomorrow, Wednesday, 12/5/12.

BigBoreKit.png

BigBorePiston.png

Talk about fun! I wonder what Ray will find as he starts disassembling <need project name here> engine?

That is going to be one fast, six cylinder work bench.
sarcasm.gif
Knowing Ray, he'll turn it into some kind of snow blower.

Started taking pictures and teardown today. Got the valve cover off and the cams look good. Will be on it again in the morning. I'm to lazy to post pictures so I will send some to Don and he can screw with photo bucket.

Latest posts