Reuben Run 6

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beef won't be bloody and there will be chicken. There is Taco smell, Subway and Mickey D's in walking distance.:) :)

They are saying it won't open before spring.
Ah, got it. It isn't kept open during the winter. Bummer. Guess I'll have to ride it during RR7.
smile.png

I will mention having ridden the Aufderheide many times over the last 15 years (3 times in the last 2) I have found it is much better riding it "clockwise" as the majority of the washouts, big spine jarring bumps and such are found on the outside of the track. Some kind soul did go thru three years ago with orange surveyors paint and highlighted some of the bigger dips but they sneak up fast! I would consider reversing the loop.

JP

Beef won't be bloody and there will be chicken. There is Taco smell, Subway and Mickey D's in walking distance.:) :)
FYI for any early arrivals I am going to drive the truck down to the Pines tomorrow (Thursday) and have a small grill and will be throwing down some hot dogs, cheese stuffed peppers and either some brined drums and thighs or tri tip depending on my foray to the store in the morning.

Should be there by five with sumpin coming off the grill by 6:00. Admission is cheap = $0.00 and who knows I might whip up a cocktail for ya!

JP

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, got it. It isn't kept open during the winter. Bummer. Guess I'll have to ride it during RR7.
smile.png

I will mention having ridden the Aufderheide many times over the last 15 years (3 times in the last 2) I have found it is much better riding it "clockwise" as the majority of the washouts, big spine jarring bumps and such are found on the outside of the track. Some kind soul did go thru three years ago with orange surveyors paint and highlighted some of the bigger dips but they sneak up fast! I would consider reversing the loop.

JP
Is this just the Hwy 242, currently closed, section of the route I posted?

smile.png

JP
That's it as far as I know. On the news this morning they said Cascade Lakes hwy around Bachelor will have some delays while they remove fire debris.

smile.png

JP
The Aufderheide otherwise known as NF19 is the road that runs between Blue River - Hwy 126 and Westfir - Hwy 58. If you run the loop in the direction you have on your route planner then you are running the route counterclockwise which will put the river on your right. What I was saying is this side of this road has considerable amounts of sunken grades and dips in it and I have found I much prefer running the "high side" of the road, especially two up. I was merely suggesting reversing the entire ride loop you showed on the route planner.

On another note, once you hit 126 there is a great stop for lunch at Tokada's in Rainbow, I know the owner and might be able to arrange a group table if there is interest. No I don't get kick backs, I am just in the industry and know they do a good job and have a clean kitchen! --> https://takodasrainbow.com/

JP

smile.png

JP
The Aufderheide otherwise known as NF19 is the road that runs between Blue River - Hwy 126 and Westfir - Hwy 58. If you run the loop in the direction you have on your route planner then you are running the route counterclockwise which will put the river on your right. What I was saying is this side of this road has considerable amounts of sunken grades and dips in it and I have found I much prefer running the "high side" of the road, especially two up. I was merely suggesting reversing the entire ride loop you showed on the route planner.

On another note, once you hit 126 there is a great stop for lunch at Tokada's in Rainbow, I know the owner and might be able to arrange a group table if there is interest. No I don't get kick backs, I am just in the industry and know they do a good job and have a clean kitchen! --> https://takodasrainbow.com/

JP
Course corrected. Takoda's waypointed. Thanks!!

20170916-1280rev1.jpg

I am bummed I can't make the Ruben but last winter's record rainfall beat up my house so this is the only time I could get my contractor buddy to help me. Have fun folks!!!

Safely tucked away in John Day tonight. Great day of running typical low traffic back roads today!
Looking forward to seeing all y'all Friday.

--G
S 10 or Feejeer?
S10 got the nod this trip. Had to burn off the last remaining tread on the slow, straight Oregon roads... ;-)

--G