• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Skyway's Aux. Fuel Cell Kit

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping to have a delivery soon.

I not expecting to write off another season without a fuel cell mount.

All I ask is to take a deep breath and hold on for just a little while longer while I wrap these unit up.
Posted February 13th... nothing really since then... one wonders how deep of a breath and how "little" of a while this is going to take... :huh:

I'm hoping to have a delivery soon.
I not expecting to write off another season without a fuel cell mount.
Well I decided not to go through another rally season without a Fuel Cell, so I called up Ron Sampson and a week later I had a "Tail Dragger" Fuel Cell.

Down side, it needs a fuel pump.

Upside, easier to throw my leg over the bike, and easier to pickup after I drop the bike, which for some unknown reason has become part of my Rally routine.

Hey fuel cell folks,

Has anyone ever had the idea to weld up an EYEBALL friendly fuel cell for the FJR. My thinking is if you could build one that has the stock gas tank style flat locking gas cap and form the fuel cell in a similiar style of say the Corbin Smuggler.... Have it mudded and painted to match... NOW THATS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT!! Something that looks like it belongs to the bike... Not just a Propane tank sitting on the pillion seat.

Just a thought.... Hey Garauld ... YOU READING THIS!!

WW

Hey fuel cell folks,
Has anyone ever had the idea to weld up an EYEBALL friendly fuel cell for the FJR. My thinking is if you could build one that has the stock gas tank style flat locking gas cap and form the fuel cell in a similiar style of say the Corbin Smuggler.... Have it mudded and painted to match... NOW THATS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT!! Something that looks like it belongs to the bike... Not just a Propane tank sitting on the pillion seat.

Just a thought.... Hey Garauld ... YOU READING THIS!!

WW
The problem is not ideas...the problem is execution.

You mean like this:

102.jpg

EOM2007005.jpg

EOM2007006.jpg

Bought a sheet of aluminum, designed it, cut out the pieces and took it to a local Welder. Wife sewed up a cover for it.

Bought a sheet of aluminum, designed it, cut out the pieces and took it to a local Welder. Wife sewed up a cover for it.
I knew you could build model airplanes that sometimes would fly!!, but a fuel cell to boot, INCREDIBLE & perhaps AWESOME, eh?? Take care -see you in Golden. :D

Completely excellent!

I like how you incorporated into an entire backrest architecture. Very nice, very un-obtrusive. If it wasn't for the telltale giveaway red-handled gravity-fee valve on the left-hand side of the bike, one would even know it's a fuel cell back there. B)

EOM2007005.jpg

Very nice design but let's not forget the original topic..............what is the status of my Skyway fuel cell kit?

Happy Easter everyone.

Canadian FJR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts