• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Skyway's Aux. Fuel Cell Kit

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today marks the 1 year anniversary of Ian Laing, aka Skyway, cashing my check for a Aux Fuel Cell kit. I have not received the product.

Can someone explain why a group of people haven't made a trip over to ol'skyway's and had an A$$ Kicking contest?

Can someone explain why a group of people haven't made a trip over to ol'skyway's and had an A$$ Kicking contest?
Er. Maybe because we're all adults here? :unsure: <_<
Then what course of action should we take... suggestions?

Please do.... enlighten us all
Forgive me. I understand that tensions with some are high in this matter, but an "A$$ Kicking"? Enlighten up! :)

I don't have an answer for you, huron52.

For me, having met the man, I recognize Ian's basic integrity. I believe he would very much want to do the right thing with fulfilling his commitments, so I can only imagine that his life's circumstances must have taken a major departure from what they were when he started this project. I think that guilt will eventually either compel him to complete this design and fabrication, or he will finally come to the realization that his circumstances simply will not allow him to do so. I have faith that he'll make things right, and perhaps would have done so by now were he able.

This is how I choose to view his actions. It allows me a large measure of peace of mind in this matter, maintains my faith in the basic goodness of my fellow rider, affords me yet another opportunity to learn patience, and quite pragmatically, allows me to more comfortably focus on other areas of my life that need my attention. And so I wait.

Nightshine, I think this is admirable and the right thing to do...

...but if it was some sort of event, why not just return all the money? The right and honorable thing to do is to tell us (or at least those whose money has been taken) what's going on, apologize, and offer refunds. Money's spent due to some event? Even that is forgivable for an fellow forumite as long as he is at least making some attempt to communicate that to the parties involved and making an effort to return the money.

Your opinion of Skyway is I'm sure valid from your perpective but his ACTIONS to date speak so much louder than his few words.

Last edited by a moderator:
What I don't understand is why this guy is getting a free pass here? Like was mentioned, if you can't produce the product give people their money back. Or better yet, communicate!!

As far as Ian being a nice guy, I have no doubt that he is a very personable guy. I have had some of the nicest people rip me off in business. This is a business transaction with almost everyone involved, not a friendship with Skyway.

JW

I don't have an answer for you, huron52.
Thank you for being very honest .

That's better than some of the smart comments I have gotten.

As I posted in a previous post if I lived close to someone that I knew that this was going on I would drive/ride over and explain the damage that this is doing and offer help to help him through this...

Now I believe in my own mind I tried behind the action to get the group buy Light/brackets off the ground and moving again. If you were around when that happened you may remember we got the lights but we got stuck on the installing because we lacked the brackets.

How? I PM a person in California that told me he got went down to Ian's and help him get things moving. From our conversations via PM's I would say it worked because shortly after we talked I got a phone from Ian saying there were on their way (the brackets)

I have had other offers but I told that person that what I wanted is for everyone that ordered and paid for a product receivce their product in a timely matter.

That is all

Your opinion of Skyway is I'm sure valid from your perpective but his ACTIONS to date speak so much louder than his few words.
Very true, on both counts.
I certainly don't envy the position in which Skyway's placed himself. Many of us have the third party fuel tank and other fittings he's spec'ed, so any refund would only partially "make good" on the deal. Very messy.

And so I keep sending those "positive vibes" to the situation... :mellow:

To my dumb-ass non-lawyer way of thinking he's commited interstate mail fraud, .......

Additional Admin Note: After I posted this response thread author went back and deleted the whole post that I have quoted just a part of. That's a no-no, but I don't think it was malicious.....just a second thought. This is one reason that

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=101577&st=0&do=findComment&comment=387946
guidelines are in draft
https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=101577&st=0&do=findComment&comment=387946 for everybody that has edit priveledge to remember.

Whoa! Slow down there Pappy!

While I appreciate you saying the mods are not involved....the bulk of this message has completely different tone.

Let's make a couple of things clear. This is an internet forum meant to be like a local tavern to share a virtual beer with buds. Anytime anybody comes through the doors into a neighborhood establishment and starts uttering words like lawyer....fraud.....confidence-scam, etc. your volunteer bartenders are going to become very concerned.

Tone that down right now or you could find yourself not being a guest anymore. It wasn't too long ago that we had a problem with another vendor and our board owner had to take some drastic actions. We wouldn't want that to happen again.

Also, please take a look at Skyway's profile and you'll see he hasn't been here since February. He's not here folks. And I don't have a phone number. I think it's also safe to say he's not on any future vendor offers at this point.

Some here have what seems likely a legitimate issue with Skyway and you should resolve it.....and I'll leave the thread open....for now... expecting you all will put your heads together to come up with some CONSTRUCTIVE way of resolving this issue. But, it won't be a witch trial with wild accusations.

What went down with another vendor has nothing to do with this case. Don't even compare them.

So, everybody please tread very lightly on this thread.

Thank you.

THE MANAGEMENT

Anytime anybody comes through the doors into a neighborhood establishment and starts uttering words like lawyer....fraud.....confidence-scam, etc. your volunteer bartenders are going to become very concerned.
You fucking got that right! :angry: :angry: :angry:

I can tell you right now that the moment any kind of pussified bullshit litigation talk happens, you're on your own to do what the fuck you want to do, but you won't be doing it here as a member of this forum, I goddamn guaran-fucking-tee you that!

We know this situation is as fucked up as a soup sandwich; we don't know what the deal is with Ian; we wish either monies would get refunded or product delivered as promise. But make no mistake, we are not taking Ian's side on this matter whatsoever. The astute observer will note that Skyway is not on the NAFO vendors list as he was last year, and as Ignacio mentioned, it's a safe bet that Skyway isn't going to be doing much business here, as his reputation has been sufficiently tarnished by now, and from all apparent accounts, deservedly so.

So..........is anyone willing/able to stop by Ian's shop with a large coffee to discuss things face to face and shed some light on what exactly is going on (good or bad). I'll even cover the gas and coffee expenses. I do know that there has been no movement on the cell covers as of this morning. Maggie is still waiting for confirmation from Ian.

Canadian FJR

I believe that in this particular situation the pen (keyboard) is mightier than the sword. Ian Laing, aka Skyway, business reputation, by failing to communicate directly with me or others involved, refusing to offer a refund or follow through with a refund, and continuing to offer excuses, bogus or misleading delivery promises, has taken a hit greater than any physical action could produce.

I cannot speak for all who are involved, butt for myself, I am certain at this point I have been cheated out of my money and it is time to move on. One year is long enough. Ian Laing, aka Skyway, actions or rather the lack there of, has convinced me he needs the money more than I do. I am without any doubt the funds I committed to Ian Laing, aka Skyway, were co-mingled with other funds supporting whatever other endeavors and is simply gone.

Additionally, I somehow feel that through the twenty or so persons involved in this issue, the ten thousand plus dollars Ian Laing, aka Skyway, pocketed and his treatment of this issue will haunt him for a long, long time. Ian Laing, aka Skyway, has made that choice.

?? So all of you are just gonna bend over and smile like you like it?? :blink:

Can't anyone(s) from this board - from Cali. -especially his friends- visit Ian, and assist in mediating this so our friends don't get stuck with this through no fault of their own?

?? So all of you are just gonna bend over and smile like you like it?? :blink:
Can't anyone(s) from this board - from Cali. -especially his friends- visit Ian, and assist in mediating this so our friends don't get stuck with this through no fault of their own?
I don't think you should hold your breath on the above either....if no one has gone or talked to skyway yet, I don't think it will happen now, or if they have they are not admitting to it, which is just as bad.....I've met & talked with Ian (& his wife) numerous times, I think he is of good heart & a nice person.....BUT....on the flipside, busniess is business & I think the people involved should do what they believe is right, not what others want them to do IMHO....

Status
Not open for further replies.