• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Skyway's Aux. Fuel Cell Kit

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
?? So all of you are just gonna bend over and smile like you like it?? :blink:
Can't anyone(s) from this board - from Cali. -especially his friends- visit Ian, and assist in mediating this so our friends don't get stuck with this through no fault of their own?
This is a good idea but I think we need a more united front with specific demands. We've been down this path of Ian saying that it will be here "soon" too long.

What I propose is that who ever we can find to contact Ian spell out a specific date we need this wrapped up by and the if not we require a full refund. I don't have a list of everyone who's in on the group buy but I hope most if not all will be following this thread.

Has anyone found a reliable means to contact Ian? If we can't find a person local to Ian maybe a registered letter will break through? I propose that we give him 60 days after we're able to make contact. So if we got in touch with him in the next few days that would be about June 1st.

Whata ya think?

Can't anyone(s) from this board - from Cali. -especially his friends- visit Ian, and assist in mediating this so our friends don't get stuck with this through no fault of their own?
This is a good idea but I think we need a more united front with specific demands. We've been down this path of Ian saying that it will be here "soon" too long.

What I propose is that who ever we can find to contact Ian spell out a specific date we need this wrapped up by and the if not we require a full refund. I don't have a list of everyone who's in on the group buy but I hope most if not all will be following this thread.

Has anyone found a reliable means to contact Ian? If we can't find a person local to Ian maybe a registered letter will break through? I propose that we give him 60 days after we're able to make contact. So if we got in touch with him in the next few days that would be about June 1st.

Whata ya think?
If I recall correctly TurboDave is the only one who has a GENII kit which he supposedly received gratis for providing his bike during the design stage. Does anyone know him ? He might be able to provide some information and assistance.

Whata ya think?
If I recall correctly TurboDave is the only one who has a GENII kit which he supposedly received gratis for providing his bike during the design stage. Does anyone know him ? He might be able to provide some information and assistance.
Turbodave does have the only GENII setup on his bike, although it is not what I would call a final design. It was only ever intended for him as a trial unit to see if the concept and placement of the cell would be suitable. All the feedback I've recieved so far indicates that it has worked without fault.

I am about to wrap up a large project that is holding up the completion of the fuel cells. I now have an extra pair of hands helping me out (which is really helping me out!) and I'm in talks with another machinist at this time. Though we're only a small company, we are in the midst of growth. Everyone will be getting what I promissed them and that time is now near.

While I have been able to keep up shipping out all of the orders that are coming through my website, (and they are coming from around the world in numbers that are shocking me) I have not given this venture near enough the attention it deserves and for this I'm very sorry for the frustrations that are being caused. In the coming quarter of this year, this is all going to change. To start, there will be at least 3 others coming on board to ramp this whole thing up and start filling all the bike catagories that have been sitting empty. We will be adding a variety of new products that are designed and tested and have not yet been released. We are also in negotiations to obtain a larger facility to be custom build for our needs. All of which will begin once the fuel cells have been shipped out.

None of the above is intended to be an excuse for my not shipping product, but it is where I'm at right now. I am meeting some forum members today for lunch and it will be a welcomed sight, as I miss getting out and about to meet good people.

I know I've not been around the forum for quite some time, but once I get caught up I'll check back in on a regular basis and hopefully try to contribute something usefull for folks. I've met and keep in touch with a lot of good people on this forum, that for sure without it, our paths would never have crossed. (All except for SkooterG, I've regretted meeting that desert rat from the moment I laid eyes on him)

It's nice to see this thread concluding with the same tone it originated with.

From the original post:

If you suffer with a constant overwhelming desire to begin whining at any given moment and have no idea when to shut the hole underneath your nose, then step away from this thread right now, cause this gig won't by flying this way. Any hint of this and you will vanish from being a part of this GB, no exceptions, you have been fore warned.
And from this morning:

I now have an extra pair of hands helping me out (which is really helping me out!) and I'm in talks with another machinist at this time. Though we're only a small company, we are in the midst of growth. Everyone will be getting what I promissed them and that time is now near.
While I have been able to keep up shipping out all of the orders that are coming through my website, (and they are coming from around the world in numbers that are shocking me)
Amazing!

Well, you obviously know how to prioritize. It was fascinating to read how well things are going for you.

Un-fucking believable. Solid brass balls.

Ian,

I'm glad to hear that all is well and business is going well. I would appreciate you following through with your promise to refund me in full as we discussed on December 7, 2007. If you have any questions please call me on my cell. You have my number from the numerous messages I left.

Thanks,

Canadian FJR

I am about to wrap up a large project that is holding up the completion of the fuel cells. I now have an extra pair of hands helping me out (which is really helping me out!) and I'm in talks with another machinist at this time. Though we're only a small company, we are in the midst of growth. Everyone will be getting what I promissed them and that time is now near.
Unfortunately, we've heard this before :glare:

Ian,
I'm glad to hear that all is well and business is going well. I would appreciate you following through with your promise to refund me in full as we discussed on December 7, 2007. If you have any questions please call me on my cell. You have my number from the numerous messages I left.

Thanks,

Canadian FJR
Scott, I will be calling you this evening.

To all the negative replies, I say [jerry springer fan voice] WHAT-EVER [/jerry springer fan voice]. To Ian I say, let me know if there's anything I can help out with. I'm unemployed, if you need somebody in the shipping department for a while I'm there. I don't think you want me around any of those fancy machines though.

Ian,

Thanks,

Canadian FJR
Scott, I will be calling you this evening.
Ian, I would like to talk too you myself.

Douglas.

Gentlemen,

Ian joined some of us who rode to Sonora for lunch today. He was working and came from the shop to join us at the restaurant.

I was able to talk with him about the fuel cell issues. He called me tonight after thinking about all the problems.

All I can say is to expect an answer to the dilemma.

Ian,

I tried to PM but things are full. The number that you are calling is not my cell. Check my e-mails for the correct number. I will try you this afternoon if I don't hear from you.

Canadian FJR

Refunds? Put me on the list for the first available cell.
Since non involved observers are spouting off...

TWN - Just offer to buy someone's interest, there might be a taker. I think these people have become investors and also customers, hopefully it will work out for them. They should get the option of an immediate refund after 3 months, much more so for 12 months.

If Skyway wants investors there may be some of them here also.

Deleted

(by me... no big mystery... posted to the wrong place).

Last edited by a moderator:
deleted my post

ya, a forum "no-no"

but faced with the choice between a knee-jerk not nice post in reply to TWN's post

..and a deletion,

...I'll pay my pennance on the latter.

Last edited by a moderator:
deleted my post
ya, a forum "no-no"

but faced with the choice between a knee-jerk not nice post in reply to TWN's post

..and a deletion,

...I'll pay my pennance on the latter.
"Discretion is the better part of valor"

;)

What's the big deal? Skyway is apparently gonna have a few cells lying on his shelves in the future and I offered to take one. What, a guy can't buy shit now?

Status
Not open for further replies.